OtakuBoards

The stupidity of people.

Guest Crimson Spider

Guest Crimson Spider
O.K. Here are the two [i]recent[/i] stories:

My Aunt used to live with an abusive husband. When things got too far, she (with my families help) moved out to an apartment. Then, she finds another man. She goes to live with him (never married him). First, he's nice. Then, he starts to not let her see her family. Then he starts yelling at her. Then he starts hitting her. When my family heard of this (been happening a long time first), we agreed that we would help her move out from him. So one day, they get in a fight and he breaks my Aunts hand. She comes to my house with my cuz' and vows that she'll move out from that crack-adict's house (why she never told us that before was beyond us). The next morning, she goes back to him. WTF!? I only could guesss she was sniffin' drugs too. So time goes on, she claimes he's getting better while making up excuses like "the fridge fell on me" to cover up for her injuries. So then he chains her in her house, and doesn't let her go to work. She manages to get out, and comes to us. The guy gets arrested for what he's done, and one of his female friends was going to bail him out, even after hearing about what he was doing. So we agree to help her get an apartment. But she farted around fixing her hair, plucking her eyebrows and stuff like that when we were supposed to be looking for apartments. She goes back to the guys house (he's still in jail), and says we are going to move her the next day. Due to circumstances, I stayed home from school and along with my brother who works the night shift, and my sister, we were ready to move at the agreed-upon time of 10:00 AM. We wait, and wait, and wait. She calls us up at about 1 PM saying that she didn't go looking for an apartment at that time and she would have to look for one now. At half past 4, she comes over wearing high-heals, makeup, and a dress shirt. She grabs a few things from our garrage, and goes back to the guys house. Come 7 PM, she calls up saying she's ready to move. My sister was at work, and my brother had to sleep for work, and my father wasn't home from work. So only me, and my mother were avaliable. So we go there, and their house is cluttered with excess TVs, Beds, and entertainment centers. We move a non-moving trucks load up, and move it to her apartment. Now I had to do homework and it was too late to do another move. She is supposidly obtained a moving truck, and was moving out. The guys "friend" bails him out. She was still moving away even with him there (not like there was much he could do.). A little under two weeks later (present), she goes back to him!

O.K. Yeah. I seriously doubt that we are going to help her again. I mean, really. 2 weeks without crack is pretty much how long it would've taken to get off the stuff.

Hm... I'll post my second story later. First, I would like to ask you all this:

Does anyone have any realitives or know any friends that do this, or would? And if they did/ when they did, what did you do? I just feel like my family is the smart one of the bunch.

Please tell me I'm not alone here.

Well... It would be pretty annoying on your part, I suppose. I might be able to predict some of my "aquantinces" doing something like that, but I don't know of anyone at the moment.

Some people are stupid in other ways that annoy me... daily.

Hm, yea, I've seen this happen before, a lot actually, even with abscense of any sort of drugs. Some women form dangerous attachements to the men they're with, they become addicted. In the same fashion that a junkie knows he shouldn't be injecting heroin and still does, a woman will sometimes know that this guy is hurting her, but believe that the love is worth it, that the "good" moments are worth the abuse. I don't think there's anything you can do at this point. Again, like with junkies, you can't do anything about it unless the person tries to detox themself. It's upto her, hopefully your aunt will come to her senses.

No stupid stories on my mind so far......

CS, ask your parents to put your aunt in a mental asylum since she's hit on the head WAAAAY too many times by the abusive dude, and if the guy is discovered bashing your aunt, ask the judge for the guy to have no chance getting out of jail. And if your family have any spare time, prepare a tombstone for her and a readied epitaph, becuase if she keeps it up, she'll die.

I think your aunt is one of those types of people that has a strong attachment to the guy and she'll never give up on him. And like I said, she'll die because of it.

Guest Crimson Spider
Trust me, G/S/B Master, that's what we would do if we got the chance. Kinda reminds me of a story I heard once.

There were these 2 mice. One day, they came upon an empty house and found a large block of cheese. They rejoiced, and ate the cheese over a 3 night span. Then when the cheese was gone, they returned to that spot, and suffered. Night after night, they returned to that same empty spot, as if out of habit. As if out of hopes that the cheese would return.

And for my second tale of [i]Recent[/i] happenings (stuff like this has been happening for a LONG time), this story also plays a part.

There was once a christian man who lived in his house in a small town in a valley. One day, continuous rain caused the vast valley to flood. The man got on top of his roof, and promised himself that God will save him. When the water reached the truss of the roof, a man in a speedboat came along. He pulled up by the roof. "Come on! Let's get out of here!" the man in the speedboat exclaimed. The man standing on the roof shook his head and said, "Nope. God will save me." The man in the speedboat shrugged, and drove off.

When the water reached the soles of his shoes, a man and his wife in a motorboat came by and yelled. "Get on our boat! We have room for one more!" The man on the roof shook his head and said, "Nope. God will save me."

The the water rose to his waist, and begin to pull him off of the roof. Soon, a rescue helicopter came by, and begin to lower a man in a life jacket towards the man on the roof. "Grab my hand!" the rescuer yelled. But the man just said, "Nope. God will save me." "Hurry up! Teh water's getting higher" the rescuer fantically said with a risin voice. But the man on the roof still refused. Then when the rescue chopper flew off, the water swept the man on the roof away, and he drowned. When he gets to heaven, he asks God, "Why didn't you try to save me?" God replied, "Well, I sent to boats and a helicopter for you."

And now for a ture story:
Remember that one flu that was killing people a little while back? Well, my sister's best friend's step-mother contracted it a few months ago. She got sick, and had to go to the hospital. After some time, she was sent back home with some medication. She refused to eat, and lied about taking her drugs. Come another month and she gets sick, goes to the hospital again. She believed that she would be forsaking God if she took medicine, so she continuously refused. She was sent back home, and remained in denile of the need for food and medicine, despite our prayers and advice.

Can't give advice on this one, because she died this morning.

In general, I think what results in these situations is that the woman is emotionally broken to the point that they somehow feel they need this man, no matter how abusive he is. They're more or less given the impression that they can't do any better and this is what they're stuck with. Time and time again, women in these situations go back to these guys. It's not exactly rational, but I doubt anyone in that situation would still be thinking rationally in the first place.

Somehow she has to get past some sort of breaking point where she realizes how bad this is for her. In my experience, no one else can really do this but herself. You can tell her how ridiculous she is being a million times over and with any attitude or tone and it will most likely have no effect. Getting her to realize it for herself is always a big ordeal, though.