Muad'Dib Posted March 7, 2004 Posted March 7, 2004 Look, I've only attempted to draw something like a manga once, and it obviously looks like crap compared to the stuff I've seen other people my age do... but for the heck of it, I drew it anyway. (heh, it's only 1 1/2 pages long...) Anyway, beingthe EXTREME noob that I am on drawing manga, I thought I'd seek out some advice on where to start for something simple... ya know, something that I might be able to draw in 2D (lol). Anyone? Please? Duba-Please?
Ketsurui Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 try a comedy like flcl. and i hope you want to enhance your drawing abilitys further and not just except them as they are.
Kei Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [color=darkblue]Well, if I were you, I would just try to start out with the basics. Find an anime/manga series that you really enjoy (I personally prefer any CLAMP manga, myself) and try emulating some things in them. I would start out with facial features (i.e. eyes, noses, mouths) first, then move on to the entire head and the different perspectives. Then you can move onto hair, torso, and limbs. All of these things will take time in order to get to a level that you feel is relatively comfortable. I'm still working on a lot of things myself (hands can be a real pain...). The most sound advice I can give is to practice. Your ability won't just magically improve if you don't work on it at all. Eventually, you'll find your comfortable niche and go on from there. ^^[/color]
Muad'Dib Posted March 19, 2004 Author Posted March 19, 2004 OOH, someone finally replied! Oh, right. Thanks for the advice... it's gonna come in handy. Ketsurui, I do intend to try and improve my drawing abilities. And Lady Katana, thank you so much for that... The only manga I actualy own is Naruto, the rest I borrow from my friend, but I shall deffinately start trying that. Oh, by the way, just about everything I do is comedy, mainly because it doesn't matter what they come out like, as long as they're funny. Time to work on those eyes aye? Thanks to both of you! ... again...
ArunueShekamari Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 also maybe if you ask advice of someone who can draw in person. So they can physically show you what you need to do, what your doing wrong, and what your doing right...but i'm just a silly artist, what do I know? [and no one can coment on the word "artist" for me because none of you has seen any of my work..so there...] yes...maybe a friend that can draw or......do I dare say.....your parents? no...that would be b a bad I dead.......oh! I'll scan up some of the mangas I've drawn and show them to you! lol...that was you have a basic outline of some expresiobns and body types ^^ glad to be of service to ya! now to get my scanner working.....
Muad'Dib Posted March 20, 2004 Author Posted March 20, 2004 Lol, I appreciate it Runy... Heck, go ahead and post 'em here when you get your scanner up... I'd love to see some of your artwork... anything that can help my 2-D semi-stick figures... lol, OK it's not THAT bad...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now