OtakuBoards

What do you do when you're at home sick?

Panda

[quote name='yalborap']Personally, I reccomend gaming. Nothing kills flu based boredom like busting out your atari/NES/SNES/anything you haven't played in a long time and enjoying the old school goodness.[/quote]

I agree with that completely. playing old school games wont just cure the flu based boredoms, they can cure any type of boredom. I still have all my old games hooked up and ready to play. If you don't have any old games, you can probably find them really cheap at auction sites or pawn shops.

I used to be home sick a lot because I've got a horrible immune system when it comes to any sickness. Most of the time I sleep, but because it's so hot during the school year, well all year really, it's almost impossible to stay asleep. I tend to get bored really easy so there's a variety of things I do when I'm sick...

Read. I always have a mountain of books somewhere near my bed to read whether I'm sick or not. I've got manga by CLAMP which is always worth a read, and a good number of fantasy novels to entertain myself with. Usually if I'm really, really sick though I can't focus too well on reading for that long ^^;

Write or doodle. The pen is the only instrument that can always supply entertainment to me other than my computer keyboard. I can doodle about a hundred drawings on piece of paper and write for hours before I run out of ideas. I just have a weird enough imagination to keep myself busy and focused on living in my own little world where everything runs my way, heh.

Watch TV - although there is rarely anything worthwhile on television. Silly cartoons with talking animals and children with annoyingly squeaky voices. Just grab Pirates of the Caribbean or The Lion and King and while thank the lord I have a dvd player in my room :p

If all else fails, I can drag myself out of my bed and log on to talk to my friends in Australia ^_^ Whee, life is so cool.

Guest JacobKeyes
im almost never sick, but when i am, i sleep until 9:00, and then get up, use the computer, player video games, eat, and um.. you get the idea

When I'm home alone and sick, what I usually do is curl up with some food (usually saltine crackers, some fruits, or just some miscellaneous foods), watch tv until I get bored, take a catnap for about an hour, then break out the music. Dancing and singing always helps me feel better. The dancing part mostly. Try it. It really works.

I am sick right now. I just pretty much stay on the computer as long as I can, lay on the couch and watch anime dvd and videos, or other videos I feel like watching. I hate to sleep. I only sleep when I absolutely have to, or when I absolutely need to.

Lets see, when I'm home sick, but can't just lie in bed, I clean my room, make about 50 houses on the sims, write letters to my far-away friends, buy a quiz book and do every quiz in it, write about my dream house, dream room, dream job, dream car, dream something else, write a list of things that I can't do while I'm sick but will have to do eventually, read some of my mom's fantasy books, count my money, and play with bubble wrap. I also go on bored.com

I think I can safely say that I am over my cold....mostly. Thanks for the well wishes all, I really appreciate it. I think being sick for over 1 month is a bit much. :flaming: I only have a cough once in awhile. I think it is from all the coughing I had been doing and my throat is still raw. Ugh. I pray that no one here gets what ever evil cold strain I just finished fighting off!

Many excellent suggestions on what to do on sick days!

[quote name='Theodore']I also watch TV and the best thing when your sick is when your cat/dog/pet is lieing or sleeping with you [/quote]

So very true. I think one of the most comforting things in the world is watching my pets snuggled up on the bed next to me sleeping. It also helps if you are freezing and have a nice warm pet on your feet to keep them warm! Definately a benefit of being sick is being able to spend more time with my pets.

Now for those of you who are fighting off a cold or just boredom from nothing to do on spring break, I have a few suggestions to add to the list!

-Answer all the emails you have been neglecting. I am sure I am not the only one with a bunch of emails I had to respond too!
-Update you address book, phone book, planner and the like. I know with my friends getting married, going to college and/or just moving has put my address book a bit outdated.
-Cleaned the house. I found a stash of old Newtype magazines and re-read some of the old articles. You never know what buried treasure you will find!
-Marathon anime.
-Work on your website! If you don't have a personal website, make one!
-Sleep, sleep, sleep and then take a nap!

My suggestions are some of the things I did to keep myself busy during my illness. I hope they will help anyone else who might need something to do. Best of health to all!

Here are some of my suggestions:

-Draw something
-Go on the computer
-Watch TV
-Talk on the phone (If possible)
-Read a book you had never read before
-Find a yearbook and doodle in it (Or find an old one to see all the pictures of people from a long time ago)
-Make origami (Or any craft)

Hey, what do you expect from an 11 year old? I would do these things if I was sick and I had nothing to do! :p

Everyone....I need your advice. I've got monocynclious (or just mono for short) and if I start to run, my splene will swell and it will start to bleed and then I'll have to go to the hospital. What are some things I can do that doesn't involve running? Thanks a brunch for your help. :)

ChibiFriend

Guest PaintballJunkie
Drink orange juice, it works. Other than that I usually watch movies or come on the internet and just look around (if that makes any sense) and look at anything that looks interesting.