OtakuBoards

"Official Threads"

SasukeUchiha

I think the threads that are considered official threads should be scripted to stay at the top of forum lists. I am mainly referring to those popular animes, that do not have their own forums because they can not generate enough discussion with that broad of a base. The Naruto, PMK, or Evangelion threads are examples of these. Many people try to start the same discussions outside of the threads because they can not see the "official" threads, as they have been pushed back by new threads.

I think this would help alot of confusion and save mods the task of merging the threads over and over again.

Just a Thought... ^^

[color=#707875]I think this is a good idea, except that it raises some issues. For one thing, I can imagine us ending up with a million sticky threads...or, a milion threads that stay at the top/on the first page. This could push out the smaller threads quite early on, which is a concern.

What we want members to do, is to conduct an in-thread search before posting a thread. This is really easy to do, because you don't have to leave the page -- you only have to click "Search this Thread" and then type in the name you want to look for. If it's there, reply to the existing thread. If not, make your own.

This way, we can have a larger library of threads without awarding a particular preference to any particular threads. It also means that the front page may be a little less confusing -- even if the popular threads are kept there, people will still want to discuss topics that aren't given preference.

So I think it's a good idea (it's something I had considered while making V7), but ultimately it wasn't something I included. I wanted to trust the members to put in that one extra step of effort, to make things run nice and smoothly.[/color]

*grins* Sasuke, I [i]wish[/i] I could sticky my PMK thread. But alas, such is not the case.

Actually, I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to create a closed "directory" topic, one which would list links to all of the official series threads. Members could easily access their favorites, and it wouldn't take up very much space. If the other mods don't mind, I'd be glad to start putting something like that together.

~Dagger~

Thats actually a great idea Dagger. It never even crossed my mind to have one sticky thread with links to all the "official" threads. I know what James is talking about when he says that it would black up the main page, it just didnt really cross my mind as the idea formed in my head. Daggers idea may work though. I hope it gets accepted. ^^