OtakuBoards

Best/Worst Concerts You Have Attended.

Panda

The best concert I've ever seen would be hands down Nine Inch Nails. The show they put on was simply amazing, the light show and even the whole movie screen was just excellent beyond compare. Everything was in synch and they couldn't have played a better set list, let alone the fact that they played a total of twenty two songs did help out immensely.

Despite that I will be going to see Children of Bodom on the 21 of November (but I doubt that my opinion will change afterwards on which is the better concert). I'm not going for them of course; I'm really not a fan of Children of Bodom. It's for Amon Amarth (who supposedly put on a very excellent show) though Children of Bodom is an interesting side note. Of course I'm not at all looking forward to Trivium.

The best concerts I've been to were by the following bands/artists:
Coldplay, Greenday, Missy Higgins, Linkin Park, Oasis, Nirvana, Pink, Outkast, Usher, Coolio and Muse...
...the worst concerts I've been to were by Mariah Carey, the Spice Girls (didn't want to go, anyway), Will Smith, Backstreet Boys and Silverchair... they pretty much sucked because of the various songs, well they didn't sound that great irl/out of the recording studio as it were, and they had pretty bad resources at some of these particular concerts *le sigh*

[QUOTE=Jakehammaren]^^^ I'm 17, but that doesn't mean I haven't made my rounds as far as "older" music goes. "

So, hey, you are 17, then... well, it seems so... I can tell. And, to keep on the dicussion, let me ask you. What do you mean by "older music goes".- how do you define old? What is an old music cocnert for you??

I saw Jethro Tull a couple years back - that was incredible. I hate Pearl Jam, so no, I haven't seen them and wouldn't even if I had the chance.[/QUOTE]

Get alife, hating Pearl Jam is not wise...

be aware of the big bad wolf,
Hey popilong

[color=hotpink][size=1]I HEART HEART HEART Peal Jam. If they'd ever tour again, I would pay mega bucks to go see them. And Stone Temple Pilots. And none of that Velvet Revolver crap, even if it IS Scott Weiland... I'd also LOVE to see Smashing Pumpkins someday. That would be very nice.

I've been to see Deftones, Team Sleep, Mindless Self Indulgence (twice), Weezer, Dashboard Confessional, I've been to Warped Tour, and I've seen several local bands and such, and I have yet to attend a concert that I didn't enjoy, even when our car got towed in Atlanta and we were stranded without the cash needed to get it back. If ANY of them ALMOST sucked, it would be Warped Tour, and that was probably because it was blazing hot, smelled like throw up, and I really didn't like any of the bands there.[/color][/size]

Oh wait, now I remember! The greatest and worst concert EVER had to have been Turtles on Tour, the live Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle concert. The basic premiss was that the Turtles have been trained as not only a Ninja Squad, but also a boy band. They don bedazzled jackets and converse all-stars and rap and sing about being ninjas and eating pizza. And Shredder, who for some reason now hates music, concocts an evil sceam to trap all the worlds music in a foggy, plasti-glass orb. Pure genious!

And the music, oh my GOD! How songs like "Pizza Power" and "Surfing Subterranian" didn't win grammies, I will never know.

Now, I only got to see the first half of the show, as my sister was so frightened by Shredder that we had to leave, and at that moment I died a little inside. But over this summer, I found a VHS copy of the concert at a thrift store in New Hampsire. The video was so awesome It basically burned a hole in my retna and left me blind. Which isn't so bad, because after seeing that show, watching anything else would just be disappointing anyways.