OtakuBoards

Who did the frist two seasons of DBZ...the box says Funi?

Guest Chicken Vegeta

Guest Chicken Vegeta
Im confused...thoroughly...and maybe Im not supposed to post about this topic (didnt read tules to well...sorry) but I cant find info on this anywhere...from amazon...to dvdexpress...to any drz site... so I come to you guys.

I found the first two DBZ DVD boxsets newly released for 70 bucks...(8 discs a piece i believe) but I dont know who released them. It says Pioneer and FUnimation on the spine. So are the voices the same as the old Pioneer ones? Did FUni redo them? I bought "The Worlds Strongest" but could not put up with the job Pioneer did on the voices and editting...someone please tell me that these new releases are uncut and with FUni voices. And they do say 13 and up on the box...weren't Pioneer's dvds 7 and up?

help me....please?

pHil

Pioneer has the rights to the first season or two of DBZ.... still... also of DB.... then I think they sold it to FUNi or FUNi bought the rest and now FUNi has them.... Pioneer lost out big.... it would have been tons better having Pioneer dubbing it and translating it. ::sigh:: Oh well.... why would you want dub DVDs anyway?

Guest Chicken Vegeta
SO wait a minute...Pioneer hasn't released anything in the longest time since they lost their ***. These box sets were just released last week and they have the Funi logo on it. SO did Funi redo them?

ANd Ive never seen the subtitled ones...Ive only seen the ones on Cartoon Network. I would like to get these dvd's with the current voices Ive gotten use to and I would definately like the option of seeing it how it originally was in Japan.

And hey...8 dvds for 70 bucks is a damn good deal. But if they are cut, and dubbed with voices like those in the Worlds Strongest....I may have to pass...

pHil (still wondering)