OtakuBoards

Batman Discussion Thread

Japan

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Well I was glad they cast Christian Bale as Bats, but mosty because their other candidates were ATROCIOUS. Honestly I think Hugh Jackman would make the best Batman (sure, he's Wolverine, but so what?). He has the charm and looks to be Bruce Wayne, and he's got the grimness, ferocity, and physique to pull off a great Batman. He'd be the best by far, of anyone I can think of anyway. Jim Lee agrees, btw :cool: .

As for casting Ken Watanabe as Ra's, well it's a change, and although I think it'll end up being okay, Ra's just doesn't need to be changed to be cool. Ra's is already awesome. But changing him to be a ninja clan leader, I'm a bit ambivalent about that one. Especially since they're keeping the arabic name. But Ken Watanabe is just so awesome, that I'm willing to give him Ra's Al Ghul and whatever else it takes to get this guy into more movies.

Cain as Alfred... well whatever. Cain's a great actor, but he doesn't looks like Alfred (until I see him looking like Alfred ;) .). So the jury's still out on that one.