OtakuBoards

Paradise Kiss

oshi

The fifth and final volume of this sweet little tale has just come out, and the fact that it is over makes me want to talk about it. Has anyone else read this manga? It's got amazing (if stylized) artwork, and great, deep characters to boot. The plot may seem sort of shallow at first, but once you start reading it, it becomes involved and touching.

[spoiler]I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending, though. I really like George, for all his . . . Georgeness, but if they're both happy . . . .[/spoiler]

The artist, Ai Yazawa, is said to use her characters over in different stories. I haven't seen any of these personally, but I have heard that Mikako, Miwako's older sister, Miwako herself, Arashi and Hiro are all in another book. I think it tells about their childhood together. I don't know for sure.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I was wondering when the fifth was to come out. I'm a very big fan and I'm very excited to see what's going to happen. So you're saying that the fifth volume is the entire ending of the series? That kind of sucks, especially since we had to wait so long for it to be released...[/color][/size]

Yes, the fifth is the end. It's even got a little "the end" box in the bottom of the last page. Hopefully, you won't be disappointed, though. And like I said, Ai Yazawa uses her characters over . . . so we may see them again somewhere.

It is sad that it's the end. A year seems like a very long time to wait for the final volume of a book, but it's really worth it. Now, we can buy the fifth, read it, put it on our manga shrines, and keep it forever. And worship it, if we so desire.

;)

[color=hotpink][size=1]I went to Media Play last week to look for the last one and they didn't even have it. Talk about being super dissappointed. Oh well, hopefully I can find it really soon. It's very fun that Isabella is on the front cover. I think that pretty much covers the entire Parakiss gang, right?

I really loved Mikako. She's was just too damn cute for such an older woman. ^_^[/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
I liked George. I don't really know why; he was kind of one of those characters that I want to get close enough to to hug--but I have absolutely no idea how. Maybe I could lure him with expensive fabrics . . . but he's so picky, I'd have to have Isabella help me pick them out. And I don't know if she'd go for that, really.

Media Play doesn't really have a very good selection of manga. They've got a lot of titles, but very few actual volumes. They will special order it for you at a discount, though. (I think that's what they do around here.) The Waldenbooks at our mall has everything out way before the other stores--I can barely keep up, money-wise. Honestly, my favorites can't come out soon enough.

• 1 month later...
Guest candycrayon
i absolutely love parakiss... it's a beautiful manga with a realistic plot line. the art is exquisite. i simply love to draw miwako, she's such a cutie.
if you like parakiss you should try to find Gokinjo Monogatari (neighborhood stories). it's by the same manga artist and it's the story of mikako growing up.

I loved this series a lot! It was so great. The last volume made me cry, but then again, what doesn't make me cry? I loved Miwako, especially in her serious moments. She was just so damn cute! Isabella took longer to grow on me, but she was awesome too. I never did like Hiro much. But George looked huggable. (Hey Oshi, just try a big variety of nice fabrics. He's gotta be interested in one of them, right? I want a hug too!)

• 1 year later...
[COLOR=Purple]Okay so I want to know if anyone has ever read any of the Paradise Kiss manga or maybe even seen the Anime. I am not sure if the Anime is out in Japan or not, but knowing Japan it probably is. I am just wondering what any one who has read this or even possibly seen it thinks.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]My personal opinion is that it is awesome. The story line is very interesting as well as the characters. There is plenty of drama to keep you going and tones of little twists I guess you could say to keep you guessing. I just love this becasue I love fashion and originality.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]So lmk what you think.[/COLOR] :catgirl:

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, I've read the fist 3, after ward.. i kinda stopped.. i ran out of money.lol. yes! Yazawa Ai is a geious! he also wrote nANA which is an awesome series too! anyways, about parakiss. i really like arashi, he's hot. oh, and the book contains alot of drama yes. and Johgi is bad.. he is a bad boy!! i like the book. yup... yes,indeed.

I haven't read the manga series nor seen the anime. My friend has for some time ago bought the first two volumes, and she want me to read them after she have got them back from our Englishteacher. ^^;

So I hope I will read it, and give you my opinion about Paradise Kiss. :)

• 7 months later...
I have happened to stumble upon an incredible manga, paradise kiss......has anyone heard of it? I do believe that if you haven't then you really should, it really is quite funny. It's a romance/comedy mixture so if you like other mangas like Fruits Basket then this is similar. It's also a differnt type of manga, it being a fashion manga. Fashion manga means that all the characters have their own style about them and that everything done in the manga is done in style. I do believe everyone should look into it. The only bad thing about this manga is that TheOtaku doesnt have a wallpaper section for it. =( Anywho if you have read it or have any questions please post your comments and questions. This should be a good manga to talk about.

[COLOR=#007520][SIZE=1][INDENT]frubafan4eva, manga goes in the manga section. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT]Another thing to consider when creating a thread, is to check and see if there already is an official thread, just check the directory at the top of the section. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Paradise Kiss is one of the few Shoujo series that I found interesting. I've read volumes 1-4 and enjoyed them quite a bit. I like Ai Yazawa's style quite a bit, it's very distinct and suits the story well.
I'll probably pick up volume 5 in the next couple of weeks, I have a stack of unread manga I need to finish first.