Lord Rannos Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but I discovered something. I can't see other people's banners sometimes. I check the properties of the picture, and they are all hosted by Otaku Boards. When I see a banner that is hosted somewhere else (Like image stash) I can see it fine. Is this a normal problem, or is my computer just weird? Also, I can see my banner which is hosted by Otaku Boards.
jblessing Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 If you are logged out, you will not be able to view any attachments. However, if you are logged in you can. This is in place to save bandwidth and encourage people to register.
Lord Rannos Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 I didn't mean attatchments. I meant like the banner people put in their signatures. They show up as red [COLOR=Red]X[/COLOR]. I've encountered similar problems on other boards, too.
Semjaza Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 If someone posted an attachment and wound up using that as their banner... it's the only way it'd even be hosted by OB in the first place. It wouldn't show up if you were logged out... But as for any other situation, I have no answer.
jblessing Posted March 26, 2004 Posted March 26, 2004 [QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel] But as for any other situation, I have no answer.[/QUOTE] There is nothing we can do for this [i]other[/i] situation, as we do not actually host the file nor is it our duty to make sure the file exists on another server. When you say you check the properties of the signature banner, what are you checking?...
Lord Rannos Posted March 26, 2004 Author Posted March 26, 2004 I mean that I right click on a picture, and there is an option called properties where it lists the html and such of the picture. That's where I see that the address is Otaku Boards, and I can never see those pictures.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now