Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was wondering anyone around here knows how to read japanese? I need someone's help to translate something for me. (Just some small stuff) Please help. Thanks!
Posted
Hmm... how small is it? I don't know any Japanese, but if it's a simple line of text, maybe you can try [URL=http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr][COLOR=Blue]BabelFish[/COLOR][/URL].

It's probably wrong, but it's fun to use, and for something really simple, it'll give you a general idea. Can anyone who is bilingual and understand Japanese, use this service and tell me how accurate it is for simple lines of text?? :)
Posted
[quote name='Mnemolth']Can anyone who is bilingual and understand Japanese, use this service and tell me how accurate it is for simple lines of text?? :)[/quote]

It's way off most of the time. I'm not "bilingual", but I know enough to know that it usually isn't very accurate. It's much too literal and for a language like Japanese, it just can't get the correct meaning out.

I could help you out possibly, I translate stuff from time to time.
Posted
Thanks! I never thought altavista got such service but unfotunately, the one that I need translation is in an image file, so it can't be used.

Anyway, I know it's kinda silly but I just need some help to translate this cd-album I found over the net. (Yeah I know it's silly, but I can't bear having my mp3s without artist or title names...) So if you're free and willing to help, please help me translate the artist, title and perhaps the anime name to English please... I tried to search over the net but can't find info about this album. So please and real thanks!

Image: [URL]http://www.chinakids.net.cn/teens/cartoon/mp3/2000vol1/1.jpg[/URL]
Posted
[quote name='pipopu']Anyway, I know it's kinda silly but I just need some help to translate this cd-album I found over the net.[/quote]

Just to be clear: you want the TRANSLATION of the artist/title/anime and not the romaji title? Seems kind of odd to want a translation for id3 tags... but whatever.

I'll get on it sooner or later.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...