OtakuBoards

Dragonball Z Movie

Guest gohons daddy

Nope. Fox acuired the rights to film a DBZ movie, and for a time, there were a crapload of rumors about the film, including that it may be a trilogy in order to fit the whole story in. There has been no casting or casting rumors (though Beckett, the guys who make the DBZ magazine, got a poll for who fans would want to see in a DBZ movie, in which fans voted for Chan to be Goku and Jet Li to play Vegeta.) But there are rumors going around now that the film has been dropped altogether, and that there were no initial plans for it in the first place, but take that with a grain of salt for now.

Chan is a huge DB/Z/GT fan (and Akira Toriyama is a fan of his as he named Master Roshi's alterego, Jackie Chun.) He's been wanting to do a DBZ film for years, and personally, if a DBZ movie is filmed, Chan might make an excellent choice for Goku, depending on whetheror not they want a no-named actor, a Japanese actor, or someone younger (Chan's is over forty, but Goku is about 47 when DBZ ended, so Chan could make it work if they go for having Goku that old). The problem with a DBZ film, honestly isn't special effects-related (read my posts in the Evangelion movie thread on the anime board to see why I think that), or character design related (not by much, as the only real problem that would need to be oversome would be Goku's hairstyle. Vegeta could do with just long, spiky hair sticking up as far as I'm concerned). Story is the big issue here, and cramming a story like that into a film wouldn't work unless a trilogy was scheduled. One would also have to overcome how seriously the story would need to be taken in order for it to work.

The way I see, I think it should be a trilogy (if it came to pass, a trilogy would work for everyone, as the studio would have more movies to milk money from, naturally, and the fans would have enough DBZ to give them their fix.) I'd prefer Frieza as the villain, and hints provided from the beginning that he was there. Piccolo Damiou/King Piccolo would be the villain of the first film, and Jr. would already be around, growing under the watchful eyes of one of Damiou's other, jealous sons. Vegeta's development would begin in the second film, and Frieza's in the finale. Right now, I'm tired, so I'll probably write up a synopsis of how I would do it later.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Welcome to the OtakuBoards, gohans daddy!

I would like to ask you very kindly to PLEASE go and read the rules that have been established about post quality. While it seems that your grammar and punctuation are acceptable, the length of your post leaves lots to be desired. If you look at the post that Omar Harris made, a very fine example of a good post, you will see exactly what you need to be striving for as a member here. Yes, our standards are high, but the effort is completely worth it.

And, this thread will be closed, as it cannot possible generate decent discussion further than what has already been established.[/color][/size]