OtakuBoards

Reminisce...

gumby

[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]When you where a kid (or if you still are) what was your favourite cartoon. I'm not talking about anime cartoons but the others eg. Hanna Barbara, Warner Brothers etc.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Give reasons as to why you like them and wether you still do. It wouldn't be a very good thread if I didn't include my own favourite, here goes.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]When I was 5 ish I really liked Hanna Barbara cartoons. The best one was The Jetsons with the quirky characters and the fact that they lived in a kick *** house up in the sky. The animation style was slightly shonky (same as most cartoons from that period) but, when you are five most things that are colourful on TV seem good.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Another good one was Huckleberry Finn also by Barbara, It had the looks. Within this show was Yogi Bear. Although being as stupid in the head as Willie Cyote he was still entertaining especially when he got in trouble from the Ranger.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Thats my two cents now for yours. [/color][/size][/font]

I can still remember the days when Nickelodeon used to have cartoons that would actually make me [i]want[/i] to watch the channel.

From the early 90s to the late 90s, Nickelodeon's cartoons were top-notch. I loved cartoons on other channels (WB, in particular, also had a ton of awesome cartoons like Animaniacs, Freakazoid! and Earthworm Jim), but Nickelodeon was where it was for me. Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahhhh!!! Real Monsters, early Rugrats and, my favorite of the lot, Angry Beavers.

Angry Beavers was just damn awesome. The show was so quirky and random that it was impossible for me [i]not[/i] to love it. I still love every chance that I get to watch the show; every character, every episode, I just love the series to death.

Plus, *dun dun dunnnnn DRAMATIC REVERB* has to be the best sound effect ever.

i also liked all the Nickelodeon shows when I was younger, but when I was little, my dad loved Winnie the Pooh (an old childhood love) and he passed that love on to me, so Disney was where it was at for me. That was before all the original series like Lizzie Mcguire and That's so Raven. Disney today sucks.