OtakuBoards

FullMetal1 (Website Layout, WIP)

Hittokiri Zero

While I do enjoy sitting at home and doing nothing I figured it's time I post something that i'm working on x__X... It'll probably end up being a piece I never finish but whoopie it's Spring Break so who cares :rolleyes:. Anyway the image is of a layout I am creating for a Full Metal Alchemist (Anime + Manga series) website. Basically while there's no really graphical inspiration for it I plan on running it somewhat like MAHQ where I give an episode by episode summary + analysis/opinion of the series. I've always found those kind of reviews more helpful and enjoyable for people looking to get into a series or people who like a series but just need some clarification of what's really going on.

The layout itself is far from done, but the "grass" was made using the standard grass brushes that come with photoshop 7.0. As for the clouds (I hope they look like clouds x_X) I airbrushed those in then smeared them around with the smudge tool. I'll most likely end up going back to the text and changing it around a bit (or atleast tinker with the outline and really at the current moment the rest of the layout is up in the air =P. I have no idea what i'm going to do with the center piece and whether or not I am even going to keep that weird side bar. Anyway comments and criticism and cookies if you please :p...

The grass is gorgeous. I really can't find any fault with it. However, I think the sky would look better if you used a slightly darker or more intense shade of blue. Also, the black outline around Edward's hair seems a bit too thick, especially since the airbrushed clouds have such a soft, gauzy appearance.

Awesome fonts and text, as usual. I'm interested in seeing where you go with this. ^_^

~Dagger~

Oy thanks for the compliments. As for Edward's hair yeah your right I probably should take off the black outline the biggest thing with that though is that, that would require me to re-crop the image from the original scan that I have (not a very hard task because most of the BG on the original image is an off white :rolleyes:). Basically when I went through and cropped out the image I did it very sloppily and then by using the stroke blending mode I made it so that everything was "stroked" inside by 1 thus providing a nice black outline for the image :P. Anyway while I continue to work on this here's another signature I made for myself. Yes the stock is of Edward-kun from Full Metal Alchemist... again x_X...

*the image was created mostly with custom brushes and the eraser tool*