OtakuBoards

Secret Window

KKC

[size=1][b]I don't know about you guys, but I thought this movie deserved more than 2 stars.

I just saw this last week and thought it was a pretty good movie (not the strongest Depp has been in, but still good.) I really enjoyed watching it cause you really never knew what would happen next (unless you read spoiler, shame on you). Although some parts didn't need to be in the movie I though it was good and keeps you wondering and guessing till the part with the magazine.
I thought this movie deserved 3 stars, it wasn't a four because some parts of the movie are still confussing even after the end. I concider Secret Window a "jumpy" movie more then a "scary" or "horror" movie. It wasn't terribly gory, but the night time sceenes always had me shaky, and the whole thing with [spoiler]Him actually being the killer was a bit freaky[/spoiler].

So, what did you people think of Secret Window. (I loved the story behind the secret window. How his wife had found it and everything.) [/b][/size]

Guest Kaori chan
Well, when I went to see it, I hadnt really heard much about it (cept that Depp was the star! ^_^) I thought the concept was pretty good... but my friends and I sat there and predicted the entire movie. We were kinda disappointed, but glad we went and saw it anyways.

=my 2 cents=

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]i really want to see that movie...

i read the original story a while ago and was on pins and needles til the end. King's an awesome writer, and the movies made from his books/stories usually turn out to be pretty cool.

i kinda dislike the casting choice though: Johnny Depp just doesn't cut it for Mort Rainey in my eyes. i would have chosen someone like... oh, i don't know. someone older and less fangirl-yummy typed. i can't think of anyone right off the top of my head.[/FONT]

I have to agree with u Baleince (sorry if i misspelled ur name) I think Orlando Bloom would be better then Johnny Depp.:love2: Just in my opinion. :cool:

[color=#ff6600]Please put more depth into your posts. "Orlando Bloom is better than Johnny Depp" is not depth. It's not even true. :toothy: -Sara[/color]

[size=1][b]NO! Orlando would have ruined the whole thing! (even though it would have sold more tickets because he was in it).

Orlando is a pretty good actor, but in my oppinion he isn't talented enough to play a character who has a split personality and he's going crazy. I thought Johnny Depp was a good choice. Not only is he a really good actor, but he looks the part too in my oppinion, no, it's not because he is really yummy looking or anything like that; he just sort of has that mood to the character with his funny long hair and big glasses. For some reason I always see a writer wearing really big glasses.

Another reason for no Orlando: He probably would have givin the director and other crew people hell since acting has gone to his head. [/size][/b]

I agree with the part about selling more tickets. It would be weird though.....Like one time, I went to go see the movie Spiderman. There were so many people who wanted to see it, that the kids had to sit on their parents' laps! :laugh: (Some people even had to sit on the stairs!) That moment I'll remeber for the rest of my lfe.

I also agree about the part that Orlando Bloom will make a hell to the directer and the camera crew. Just think about is so funny! :laugh:

Yea, I started a thread about this a little while ago...nobody posted! Oh well...

Anyway, I loved this movie. Big Depp fan, Big King fan, and Philip Glass is a good composer (yea, it's all about the music with me.) I thought the ending was a little corny (no pun intended) and they repeated that line way too often. But yea, Depp plays a good frazzled writer and crazy man. I must be dense, but I didn't see the twist coming untill about five minutes before it happed (too busy staring at the great Johnny :drool: :luv: ) Anyway...

No one is giving much credit to the Southern guy (I feel dumb...I can't remember his name!) I thought his performance was extremely good as well. He's kind of sterotyped into that type of role, but he does it well.

Oh, and Orlando as Morty!~HA! HA HA HA! :laugh: :haha: :rotflmao: :bellylol:
Oh, sorry, that's just so funny! Bloom may be hot, but his acting is actually rather flat. I know he usual plays the serious character (like in pirates and LOTR) but he just has no inflection! Not that he did a bad job, it's just he's always plays the noble and brave people. Maybe he can do it-I just don't know if I want to see him try.

I'm kind of a writer myself (completely ametur-I do it for fun) and [spoiler]the idea of a character getting away from a person and deluding what is real vs what they wrote is really an interesting thought.[/spoiler] It actually happens more often than people know...

Anyway, good movie, good cast, good music...It's got my support!

Orlando Bloom is hot.......but his acting....he needs to work on it. (He looks soooooooo hot when he's Legolas!:) Then again, he needs to work on his acting. He's way to serious when he's acting (why do I keep sying the word acting too much?!) Anyways.....I STILL SERIOUSLY WANNA SEE THE MOVIE SECRET WINDOW!

The movie was great... I didnt even know what it was about when my friend said she went to see it... She said it was one of those movies that had you saying "Huh?" as you walked out of the theater... I find this good because it gives me a reason to watch it a second time if i like it and want to understand it.

I watched it the second time and understood the whole thing... And even had a theory on the whole neck mouth thing he was doing towards the end.

[spoiler]I just love it when a bad guy wins! Its not often you find a movie where the bad guy doesnt end up in jail one way or another... Well there are alot but you know what i mean.

And my friend said the ending was like Cannibalisim in the worst possible way but i dont really see it that way.[/spoiler]

Sadly the best part of the movie (in my opinion) was Depp's performance. The movie itself left alot to be desired....the twist was a typical one that left going....'it that is?' And the movie lacked the usual flavor that Stephen King stories have. It was okay, don't get me wrong, it kept me entertained for two hours, so I'm not complaining...I just feel that it lacked a certain spark.