OtakuBoards

Any one like LOTR?/looking for friends

Guest Dragon master15

Guest Dragon master15
well i think its a great movie, since it won 11 awards at the grammies. Well my website is all about LOTR and many stuff. well i was looking foward to meeting new people who like LOTR to make friends

i like lotr but i'm not that addicted...........................
well, i am addicted....but only to legolas........and the elves........ :D

[QUOTE=Transtic Nerve]No, I don't think anyone hear at all could possibly like Lord of the Rings....

It is also nice to see such a fan like yourself knows what awards the movie won....[/QUOTE]

No one AT ALL could like it, could we? ::nudges drooling fan girls back into the shadows:: Except maybe Elijah Wood... now he's cut- No, I mean, we don't like them at all. :sweat: j/k they are neat, aren't they?

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I like the book. The movies left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. And not just because Jackson took liberties all over the place (and every time he did he made it worse than if he hadn't), but because of MOVIE-related stuff -- bad acting, horrible scene transitions, a pathetic score, and god-awful editing.

I don't understand how a film can get an Oscar for best editing when the extended version is twice as good.

Anyway, I'm still a LotR fan, but only because of the books.

[size=1][b]I tryed reading the books, really, I tryed my hardest, but there were just sooo long and boring. I know that's the way people wrote back then, having alot of dialog, but I just didn't like the way the books were writtin, I like the movies much better. Even though Jackson did leave out some important parts [spoiler]Mainly with Saruman going to Hobbiton after everything was over)[/spoiler] I thought the movies were awesome and I honostly don't see how anyone could say it had horrible scene transitions, bad acting (except for few parts with Elijah, but he wasn't "bad"), a pathetic score, and editing. Of course, I hold my oppinions as does Sicros.

Some people say the movie are too long, but the books kill me, they just drag on and on and on. I did like reading the hobbit though, it didn't get as side tracked as the LOTR series. [/b][/size]

[quote name='K.K.C.][size=1][b]I tryed reading the books, really, I tryed my hardest, but there were just sooo long and boring.[/b'][/size][/quote]
That statement is actually very true. It's a real chore to read any of Tolkein's books; but when you finish The Lord of the Rings for the first time, it's very rewarding. I'd say I'm a semi-hardcore fan of the books, being one of the people who reads the series once a year. Though now I'm struggling through The Silmarillion, which is almost too confusing. Hell, I have a notebook full of notes and charts so I don't get confused while reading it. I usually read The Silmarillion until my mind hurts and then I switch to something easier, like a Stephen King novel or some book I'm reading for a class.

I am a hard core junky all around. I read the books before the movies, but I still love the movies even though certain things I loved were cut. Tolkien is my favorite author by far, and....I just dont' know what to say. LOTR is my fave book and movie....I think perhasp I love them both because I always try not to compare movies to the books they were based off of because put quite simply a movie is an interpretation, and can never be totally accurate.

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]After the first sentence, I gave up on the LoTR books. IT'S SO BORING AND SO EYE STRAINING TO SEE THE TEXT!!!!!!!!!!

LoTR, thankfully, did not break the record of the most grammy/awards won in a movie. I think Titanic had the most(w00t!) I'm thinking about going to rent some LoTR movies in he future (NOT!).
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=2]Lord Of The Rings rule i have watched all 3 movies (fellowship of the ring, two towers and return of the king) and they were all brilliant, i have recently read Fellowship of the Ring and im half way through Two Towers. So needless to say i love LOTR :D [/SIZE]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Dark Kakashi Out[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]are you kiddin?! i LOVE LOTR!!! i've only seen the 2nd and 3rd movie but we should be renting the 1st movie soon ^_^ except i feel sorry fer mah mom 'cuz she had to read the lord of the rings books - including the hobbit, and she said that they were [U]very[/U] descriptive and are [U]very[/U] long. but she did say that they were pretty good books (but i think the [I]movies[/I] are better XD).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]