OtakuBoards

Paranormal Phenomena

TheShinje

I have just watched a documentary on the Bermuda Triangle which has sparked my interests in the paranormal again, I want to know what your thoughts are on such things.

I am especially fond of the Bermuda Triangle, it's such a fascinatiinng area of the world. Ships and planes have vanished, and there is still no real logical explanation as to why this happens.

Theories range form the "sensible" gas pockets causing the water density to weaken and the ships to sink, to the far-fetched wormholes and secret governments experiments. What do you think happens in the triangle?

And do you have any takes on other paranormal activity? if so, please share.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I am really interested in Ghostly figures, I really dont have any theories on them. I dont think all the stories can be false because people have claimed to see ghosts for a really long time. I guess im so interested because I find it hard to find comfort in religion, I mean sometimes I just find it hard to believe after your heart stops there is some kind of entity within you which moves on to another form of existance or something, but I have seen so many pictures and heard so many storys about ghosts its much easier for me to believe.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think the paranormal is an interesting subject. I think many of the "ghost" stories can be explained by scietific means. Many times you find out the pictures of ghosts were set up, camera malfunctions/double exposures and the like. For the ones they (science) can't explain I find very facinating.

The Bermuda Triangle is another one that there are many theories on but nothing for sure yet. Some say it is something magnetic so it throws ship/plane instruments off so the vessel becomes lost. I am not sure on that one. My hubby use to fly in that area alot and he never had anything weird like that happen to him (thank goodness!) so why is this phenomenon pick and choose? It's very interesting.

No matter what, whether it is a true story or some persons vivid imagination, I enjoy it for what it is....a really good story. The closest I have had to a ghostly experience was one night I was in the office by myself and the photocopier in the other room, turned on, made 2 copies (that came out blank) then turned off. I was the only one here and I hadn't used the photocopier all day! Don't know why it did that but I am just really glad that the photocopies didn't have something bizarre on them like a picture of a clown or something....creepy!! :eek:

[quote name='Panda']I think the paranormal is an interesting subject. I think many of the "ghost" stories can be explained by scietific means. Many times you find out the pictures of ghosts were set up, camera malfunctions/double exposures and the like. For the ones they (science) can't explain I find very facinating.[/quote]

It is sometimes hoaxes and stuff, but I can vouch that spirits are real. I saw my dads spirit when I was younger and he was doing astral projection. My BFF does it a lot, and scared my cat like hell when she came to our house in spirit form.

Paranormality(word?) are interesting. I can't explain it, but its cool. I have a fascination with spirits/ghosts, telepathy, telekinesis, yadayada. We had a joke: If you believe in telekinesis, raise my hand! You have to know what it is to get that joke... Actually, I'm not sure telikenisis is real, or if it is, I [i]know[/i] it isn't easy. ANd I'm not sure if telepathy is paranormal... Huh... ::goes off to think::

[font=Tahoma][color=sienna][font=Verdana][color=#000000][/color][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2]I've always like this stuff. I've had some first-hand experiences that [i]make[/i] me believe that such things as spirits aren't just hoaxes. And I don't mean the 'evil white sheet things', I mean genuine apparitions.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=2][color=#a0522d]I don't believe in the zombies though. Stories of walking dead come from nerves reacting after a person's death. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#a0522d]As for strange natural phenomena, like the Bermuda Triangle, I'm not sure. I think that if the cause is magnetic, it's because the magnetic poles of the earth are in the middle of switching. (yes, they do that) Otherwise, I'm not sure. A wormhole would be cool, but it's pretty farfetched.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#a0522d]I know black holes aren't really paranormal, but they're still shrouded in mystery. We can't know for sure what happens to what is sucked in. I'm pretty sure that scientists say that if you fell in one, you would be ground away, and time would appear to move backwards. I think they're pretty interesting.[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#a0522d]I also think that there has to be alien life somewhere, wether it be bacteria or highly-advanced sentient beings. The size of the universe almost requires more life. I think it's pretty naive to think that the earth, not even a tiny speck in the universe, is the only planet capable of producing life.[/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I have always been interested in these sort of thing as well. I would always be the kid who would check out books about aliens and ghost stories from the library. I have always believed in aliens, it seems kind of ignorant to me to believe that in all of space we are the only creatures. I have seen alot of alien videos and I believe most of them are fake but the footage taken by NASA cameras of hundreds of aircrafts floating throughout space kind of convinced me, i mean NASA found a way to write it off as something else like camera malfuctions or whatever but looking at the film the speed they were moving could not have been a malfunction in my opinion they are aircraft. I have watched 3 hour Biographys about alien conpirasies and honestly believe that the government is hiding something from us.

-hums xfiles theme-

The truth is out there[/COLOR][/SIZE]