OtakuBoards

A Medieval Adventure {Rated PG-13 at least}

Eclectic

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]On one of your many long journeys through yet another forest, you happen upon other travelers from all races and walks of life. Something has drawn you all to these woods, be it sinister or sheer coincidence. You begin talking to the others, learning about their pasts and their journeys. If nothing else, this motley crew will make a wonderful tale at the tavern or inn back home.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]This is a simple, rolling acceptance RPG. All you have to do is post your stats, check back, see if you've made the cut. I'll lay down a few simple ground rules. Follow them and all goes well. Don't and you have only one chance to correct yourself.
1. This is a medieval fantasy RPG. No modern weapons. I may allow a few exceptions, like more primative Final Fantasy-styled weapons, if I choose.
2. There will be the basic fantasy races. Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Drow, etc. If you don't think your character's race fits into this category, PM me and I'll either approve or make a suggestion. The same goes for your class. Warriors, mercenaries, thieves, wizards (not likely), rogues, druids (also not likely), priests/priestesses, monks, royalty, etc.
3. The plot is very simple: find out what drew you and the others to the woods. The catch? You have to write the actual plot through your roleplay. I may change this later but, for now, this is law.
4. If you're rejected at first, simply try another signup if you want to be in this so badly. I may even accept you for your perserverance.
5. If any "bad guy" shows up, they'll automatically become an NCP, unless the person who creates them decides to play them as well. Also, just because one villian is defeated doesn't mean there isn't space for another one.
6. Everyone must PM me a sample of your WRITING abilities. It can be anything, from a post in another RPG to part of a fanfic you're currently writing. As long as it's prose and PM'd, I truthfully could care less.
7. I reserve the right to boot you out during gameplay.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]8. Rules may be added if I think of anything else.
*Listen to [url="http://www.classicalmidiconnection.com/cmc/contemps.html#B"]Jubal Baca's Fantasy No.24[/url] if you need inspiration. You'll need to scroll a bit to find it. I can't link directly.
*Gameplay has begun. I'll still acept signups for as long as the RPG remains alive.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna][u]Signup[/u]
Name:
Weapons/Abilities: (Limit depends on class, race, and personality.)
History: (Keep it brief. One paragraph, two at most.)
Personality: (This is what I want to be more detailed. This will influence almost every action you make. Make it good.)
Appearance:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Eccentricities: (Anything else about your character you consider of importance. Something like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia {Ahem, Ray.} would fall into the category. Also, this isn't required, but it makes things so much more interesting.)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna][u]Accepted[/u][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Obsidian_Rose[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#a0522d]Dmitri_Dragoon[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna][u]Rejected/Kicked Out[/u][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna][u]Still Under Consideration[/u]
[/color][/size][/font]

Name: Kamuri Saishin

Race: Human

Class: Priestess

Weapons: I'm not quite sure what weapons a priestess would have but I'll take a shot at it and accept any critism you give towards it.
Kamuri uses her faith and a faint gift to tell the future to fight. Through her faith she can fallow a foes movemt and evade thier attacks. She can sometimes see into a persons heart but only when her faith is at it's highest. This ability allows her to see ones true reason for being.

History: Born into her Class she was raises in a strict church. Emotions are not to be shown towards others and all things must be done in the name of her Gods. Her mother was a high priestess and her father a high priest. Both died at a young age leaving Kamuri to run the church. Leaving the church in the hands of a well educated aprentice she has left the church. Her reasons for leaving are unknown.

Personality: Although full with spirits of good an almost morbid feeling arises in her presence. She rarely smiles but she doesn't seem to frown either. Her emotions are hard to read and she speaks only when nessasary. She is calm and collected and can look almost anyone strait in the eyes.

Appearance: Long silver-like hair and blue eyes. She wears long white robes with gold edges at the temple but away from the temple she wears shorter robes that lightly brush the ground and covers the blue outfit under them. Her traveling robes are still white but they lack the gold edging and a hood covers most of her hair except for stray strands that show. Her skin is pale and smoothe.

Strengths: Her abilities and the abilities to hold her emotions.

Weaknesses: Her physical fitness and slowness when running. Another extra weakness is when a male cries.

Eccentricities: Cries at night when she is away from other before she goes to sleep. She also talks to her Gods aloud whenever no one is around.

What I have always waited for..

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][B]Name: [/B] Dmitri Dragoon (Because I can...)

[B]Age: [/B] 189

[B]Race: [/B] Drow/Gray Elf

[B]Gender: [/B] Male

[B]Class: [/B] Ranger/Fighter

[B]Weapons: [/B] Duel longswords, identical in appearence. A normal hilt and the blades have wicked barbs towards the middle for more damage.

[B]History: [/B] Dmitri was born to a Gray Elf mother, and after four years his father surfaced to take him away. Resulting in the death of his mother and his village. Taken to his father's home he was taught the language of the drow and their fighting style.
[B]A[/B]fter many years he joined in a rebellion that freed the slaves of the drow city. In the process killing his father. He didn't stay long in the city of drow, he quickly went to the surface world to find anyone to fit in with. He failed poorly. No one wanted to be with a quickly growing insane elf. The loss of his mother, his father, and many friends had started taking an effect on Dmitri. Something inside his mind was stirring.

[B]Personality: [/B] When Dmitri is himself he can be quite aloof. As is to be expected with the elven kind. Though he can quickly be angered, and slow to calm. He has very little of a funny bone, and has very little care for anyone. He isn't exactly evil, but then, he isn't in the least bit good.

[B]Appearance: [/B] Dmitri stands at height of 6'6" tall. His body is very muscular and he appears to be very intimidating. When he was younger his hair was a light brown. But it quickly faded to a gray, almost silver tint. He has crystal blue eyes. Dmitri wears black leather armor that he "received" from a leathersmith. This armor includes the covering for the torso, the legs, gauntlets for his hands, boots for his legs, and belt for his middle. It all clings tightly, yet comfortably to his body. He also wears a black cloak.

[B]Strengths: [/B] Mainly his weapon use. Nothing triggers a hidden strength.

[B]Weaknesses: [/B] Certain advice from a certain someone. Read Eccentricities.

[B]Eccentricities: [/B] Dmitri suffers from schizophrenia. Quite often one can see Dmitri talking to himself, asking questions, and sometimes just giving answers to someone that isn't there. Well, someone is there, but it is only in Dmitri's mind.
[B]T[/B]he person Dmitri sees is named Deteria. Someone that actually existed back a thousand years ago. Deteria will often give Dmitri advice on what to do in a situation. It could be good, or it could be bad. Whichever the case, one should be careful whenever they hear Dmitri talking to himself. Also, it would be wise not to ask him who he is talking to. He gets easily offended when one does not see Deteria and he has to explain. So it is best just not to ask and nod your head in agreement.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Name: Imara Dragomir (Because I like it.)
Race: Halfling (Wood Elf/Human)
Class: Wanderer
Weapons: Sickle and chain; crossbow
History: Imara has, for as long as she wishes to remember, been an outcast. Elves shunned her for her human characteristics and Humans for her elven. In time, she found a willing teacher who taught her the ways of combat. Once she felt she'd learned all that would be useful, she left his care and began to wander. Recently, she's been pulled westward and into the forest.
Personality: Imara has a wandering mind and mercurial mood. She could start asking you about the weather and begin a conversation on the narrow-mindedness of the world. She prefers losing herself in thought at times, but talking animatedly at others. Her ever-changing mood makes everything about her unpredictable.
Appearance: Imara standing at about 5'7" tall and has light brown skin, bright green eyes and almost dirty blonde hair that falls to about her elbows. She wears dark leather boots that come to about mid thigh, a leather skirt, a dark green top, leather vest, and leather guantlets. Her eyes have a kindly, almost dream-like expression.
Strengths: Strong sense of justice, optimistic and philosophical attitude, fairly skilled with her weapons
Weaknesses: Quick to anger, bipolar, tends to stare
Eccentricities: Imara is bipolar, her moods changing faster than the colors of a sunset. At any given moment, she could be her normal, docile self. The next, she could be at your throat. She also has a poor long term memory since she has shut out most of her childhood and young adulthood.[/color][/size][/font]