OtakuBoards

God and Americans

Guest zantoff

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Zantoff, Gendou and HotPage, please do my a favor: never speak in favor of anything I support, never support anything I believe in, and never take my side in an argument. Your ignorance and rudeness embarasss me, and, in this case, any Chroistian with at least two brain cells to rub together.

Nomad: I applaud your attitude regarding the situation.

Shinji: I believe what Cloricus i referring to is the fact that Hell has its origins in a large cesspool that used to exist in the middle east. Corpses were commonly tossed into it, and it had a nasty habit of lighting on fire. Nasty stuff.

ChibiHorsewoman: I'll answer your rhetoric quiote with one of my own: Freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion.

Arasoi: Actually, the statistic given at the start of this thread, though given by an idiot, is still fairly accurate. About 80-85% of Americans claim to beluieve in a higher diety, with about 60% (Total, not of the 85%), considering themselves Christian.

Look, the Supreme Court has stated, many different S Courts on many different occassions, that what must be avoided, according to the Constitution, is the "unneccesary entaglement of church and state". It has been ruled, several times, that the phrase 'Under God' in the pledge, and 'In God We Trust' on the money are are not unconstitutionl as such.

And, on the practical side, it would wreck the entire economy to rework all the money. Think, people; it took over a decade for the EU to switch to the Euro.

What I do'nt understand is why this must be an 'all or none' situation. Here's an idea, why not compromise on such an insignifican tissue?

Non-Christians: Yoiu are not required to recite the pledge of alligence at all, so if you do'nt like 'Under God', then just don't say it. (Fact: Although a teacher cannot make you say the pledge, they can make you stand for it.)

Christians: Stop shoving our beliefs down other people's throats. No one likes that.

Can we stop the maddness now?[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]ChibiHorsewoman: I'll answer your rhetoric quiote with one of my own: Freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]No, but it does mean that everyone should be able to worship freely without being hindered by people who would take away their rights. No matter what your beliefs you're still around religion since most people don't sit around in plastic bubbles all day[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans msWhat I do'nt understand is why this must be an 'all or none' situation. Here's an idea, why not compromise on such an insignifican tissue?

Non-Christians: Yoiu are not required to recite the pledge of alligence at all, so if you do'nt like 'Under God', then just don't say it. (Fact: Although a teacher cannot make you say the pledge, they can make you stand for it.)

Christians: Stop shoving our beliefs down other people's throats. No one likes that.

Can we stop the maddness now?[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I can actually agree with you for once on this part *checks news for reports of the sky falling* Maybe it's because I've been saying this since I started posting in this topic.

How can I put this? Sometimes the best way to make a point is to say nothing at all. Like DB said if you don't like the 'under God' part in the pledge just don't say it, don't make a federal case out of it (literaly and figuatively). Simple as that.

As for those who would rather 'Preach than teach'. As my mom says, 'Jesus may have tried to spread the 'Good News' while He was alive, but He didn't go around saying 'Hey, you've got to listen to me.' and get into people's faces when they didn't want to hear him. Jesus knew when to lay off and He didn't invade people's personal lives.' Nobody liked it then and nobody likes it now.

Well, I've said what I needed to say-next order of business[/color]

[QUOTE][color=darkviolet]I can actually agree with you for once on this part *checks news for reports of the sky falling* [/color][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Well, by all accounts, the sky is still up, but it seems that a cesspool in the middle east got a whole lot colder. ^__^[/color][/font][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]"They admire us,"

Man, you're one funny ducky. I can honestly not think of anyone who admires the US. Speaking from a wide range of friends and contacts, and my general knowledge of what is going on in the world, nobody admires the US. Not that many even like it.

On a side note, how many of you even notice the words on the money? It should be removed for basic reasons, but does anybody here even notice the words that often?

Oh, and HOTpage, and all you others...when a big bunch of kids are beating your face into the ground remember this -Majority rules. Right?

Right?[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1][color=darkred]"They admire us,"

Man, you're one funny ducky. I can honestly not think of anyone who admires the US. Speaking from a wide range of friends and contacts, and my general knowledge of what is going on in the world, nobody admires the US. Not that many even like it.

On a side note, how many of you even notice the words on the money? It should be removed for basic reasons, but does anybody here even notice the words that often?

Oh, and HOTpage, and all you others...when a big bunch of kids are beating your face into the ground remember this -Majority rules. Right?

Right?[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
Exactly. I can't think of how many times something like this has been... okay, I'll stop.

'Beautifully put it'? Thank you, Chibi!

You know... your right, Baron. Why exactly DO we care whats on the money? Its not like thats forcing us to be Christian.

[quote=ChibiHorsewoman]I'm too damn tired to space everything out from your post, so I'll say this first then add the rest:
My kids will be the ones beating up your kids on the playground.[/quote]

Gods! How harsh! Though I have to laugh... cna someone close this thread? ANd hwy don't we all be good little children(ha.) and stop arguaing? ::fake sweet smile:: I bet I can be meaner than you if I try. ::blinks:: Whoa! Where did [i]that[/i] cpme from?!

[quote name='DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Well, by all accounts, the sky is still up, but it seems that a cesspool in the middle east got a whole lot colder. ^__^[/color][/font'][/size][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Well, maybe now the military can make cold weather DCUs. =D

And the way I heard it, Hell was formed when someone mistranslated a Hebrew word in the old testement[/color]

[QUOTE=callmegoddess04]

You know... your right, Baron. Why exactly DO we care whats on the money? Its not like thats forcing us to be Christian.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Well, maybe some people take the phrase 'money talks' a bit too seriously. All I care about is the dead guy and the denomination. And sometimes the strange sentances people leave on their bills... I never knew [i]that[/i] about Cindy![/color]

[quote name='callmegoddess04]Gods! How harsh! Though I have to laugh... cna someone close this thread? ANd hwy don't we all be good little children(ha.) and stop arguaing? ::fake sweet smile:: I bet I can be meaner than you if I try. ::blinks:: Whoa! Where did [i]that[/i'] cpme from?![/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Well, my husband thought it was funny too. And we can be good children as long as we have to be, but then someone gets an itch to argue and....
But this thing should die off soon. You can only say so much about Saying allgiance to a peice fo fabric and a 4 letter sentence on your money.

Chibi is now rambling and must go to bed soon. Damn you Jay Leno![/color]

[QUOTE]Why don't we just tell the 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!![/QUOTE]

We'll leave it to you to try and make about 35 million people 'sit down and shut up'.

That said, having 'In God We Trust' on coins really isn't THAT big a deal, is it? It certainly wouldn't bother me if I lived in America. It's money. They're not forcing you to convert to Christianity.

But then, it's probably 'the principle of the thing', or something.