Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I dunno, maybe the Otaku lounge is good enough for newbs to make an intro
although still it'd be alot easier with 1 made, it'd be far more easier & convinient
for Otaku newbs.

If not,
I would understand a few good reasons why you guys hadn't done so earlier..
Posted
[B][SIZE=1]OB did have one, but it became too spammy so it was deleted, I think. I wasn't around when they did have one, but I do understand how Intro sections can be really, really spammy.[/SIZE][/B]
Posted
[size=1]We've actually had at least two seperate intro/newbie sections in the past, and they were removed both times. Intro threads are no longer allowed anywhere on the boards (this includes Otaku Lounge.)

It comes down to the fact that OB is discussion-oriented (wow, how many times have I typed that phrase lately?) and introduction threads offer very little discussion: One person says hello, and half a dozen say hello back.

There was a thread with arguements for and against its deletion, but it seems to have been deleted itself. You can also take a peek at [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=17422&highlight=newbie+lounge]this thread[/url][/b] for a little bit of OB history.

We generally encourage members just just jump in and start posting on the boards themselves. It's more interesting for everyone. [/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...