OtakuBoards

Have you ever noticed...

Obsidian_Rose

[font=Georgia][size=2][color=blue]Yes, I know what you mean about people not being around when you need them to be. That's known as Murphy's Law. However, I don't think it's entirely true...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=2][color=#0000ff]You see, you tend to only remember things when they go awry. That's why they say if you do something wrong, you'll learn from that mistake moreso than if you do something right. You tend to remember it better because you brush aside things when they do go right.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=2][color=#0000ff]Not just you, but everyone just has a natural tendency to appreciate only faults/failures more strongly than successes.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=2][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=2][color=#0000ff]Haha, I just said the same thing four different ways![/color][/size][/font]

AzureWolf is quite right. Now back to the original topic...

This one ironic thing happened to a friend and me. I told my friend that someone she didn't want to see was gonna meet us at the place we were going. She made a big fuss about it and I told her that I was kidding (because I was kidding). One of the first people we saw when we got there was the person I told her that was meeting us there. I don't think she's forgiven me yet... Anyway, it kinda freaked me out. Pretty weird that he'd be there...

[QUOTE]That's known as Murphy's Law.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I know of another name for that... ^_^ but anyway...

I know exactly what you mean. I've been waiting online all day for one person to tell help me out. This person is one hour behind me and comes online everyday, except today, apparently.

In a simmilar vein, I need one of my MSN friends to get me past a flash menu for a forum I'm on. Of course, I only remembered this AFTER he signed out.

I purchased web hosting to put some college work online ready for my Final Presentation, (which was last week) I finally get the details TODAY. (four weeks after I paid for the thing. My brother gives me some webspace, but then we don't have a net connection anyway. (good job I had it on CD)

Me and my friends all wanted to go to seperate places for our lunch, so we arranged to meet outside McDonalds, as I was going there and would take the longest. I got outside and managed to eat my entire Chicken Sandwich, they still didn't arrive, I finally decide to look for them, but don't find them. I go back past McDonalds in case they have arrived while I was looking for them. They aren't there, so I decide to head back to collage thinking they will be there. They turn up at college fifteen minutes after me. And what does one of them say..?
"We saw you walking away from McDonalds" :mad:

I'm getting the feeling Murphy is haunting me... ;)

I can really sypathise with you, Murphys law really sucks, I go on-line, to talk on MSN, and i find that everyone is either busy, or off-line, and it is usually whwn I have something inportant to say

Also it is the same with TV, I wait to watch a programme all week, and then I forget, because of a stupid thing, and it really burns me up, and it just keeps happening to me, what did I do to Murphy?

[QUOTE=Obsidian_Rose]Have you ever noticed that the people you need to be online are never online when you are? Just an observation.

[/QUOTE]
pff no one is ever online, whether i need them or not, when i get on, so...happens all the time to me.