OtakuBoards

Penny-Arcade Remix

SoapyShoes

Check it out: This Japanese high school English teacher ran copies of PA with the speech bubbles whited out, so that the students could write in their own original English sayings. CLICK [URL=http://www.yukihime.com/comics/paremix]HERE[/URL]

.........................Well....what is there to say about...ummm....interesting people...? From what I see, that project was either:
A.) Done by a school of morons.
B.) Done by people who're still confused about their sexuality.
C.) Are just trying to piss the teacher off.
D.) All the above.

None of their handwriting was very pretty either...

[QUOTE=Darius_Stomu].........................Well....what is there to say about...ummm....interesting people...? From what I see, that project was either:
A.) Done by a school of morons.
B.) Done by people who're still confused about their sexuality.
C.) Are just trying to piss the teacher off.
D.) All the above.

None of their handwriting was very pretty either...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well, seeing as they're all JAPANESE students, it's not very surprising that this is the result of a teacher's exercise with them. Even though almost all Japanese students are required to take English classes, not many of them do very well in them or when they get out of school, don't use it enough to remember it.

Just think about it. Learning Japanese to someone who predominately speaks English is a VERY tough task as is going the opposite way, I wager. I took Japanese myself for 2 years in high school and I have taken at least one class here in college and I still can't write that well to save my life. Sure, I can make some sentences up and put them in bubbles too like these students did, but I'm sure they'd make fun of my Japanese just as much as their English is laughable.

So you see, these kids aren't morons, I don't know where you got confused about their sexuality, and are most likely not trying to piss their teachers off. These kids were given an assignment to write up a comic strip in the best English they know and then submit it. English isn't easy to learn, man, it's one of the toughest languages out there. Perhaps when you write a picture perfect Japanese comic strip that is funny, well thought out, and everyone loves and no one makes fun of, then maybe you can make fun of these kids all you want to.[/SIZE]