Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Um, some art of mine. The links I posted are practically the only pictures on my DeviantArt account that I like. ><;;

[URL=http://www.deviantart.com/view/5821078/]If you don't mind blood...[/URL]

[URL=http://www.deviantart.com/view/6951266/]Requiem being all snowy[/URL] - I'm not even sure about the perspective of this one. XD Just make it up.

[URL=http://www.peroxidejunkie.net/other/freysig.jpg]Broken Girl[/URL] - A signature version of the picture my avatar comes from.

The first two pictures are characters from my (currently in revamp/rewrite-mode) webcomic.
Posted
[color=#707875]Welcome to the boards, Alexandria. Always nice to see new member submitting art here.

[b]1st Picture:[/b] Although I'm not a huge fan of blood (~_^), I think this is a pretty cool piece. You seem to be very good with a brush, based on this piece alone. I also love the way that the character somewhat blends into the background -- that's a very cool effect. It almost gives the image a minimalist/stencil-like effect. Cool stuff.

[b]2nd Picture:[/b] This is a really engaging/enchanting piece. The colours are beautiful; I think that the purple mixes well with the more vivid red and yellow/tan. The subtle use of gradients works very well on the skin and as people have mentioned on your deviantART page, the sheen/gloss that you've applied to the lips has a very realistic touch. The sheen on the hair almost gives it a plastic-esque impression, but I wouldn't fault the picture on that basis -- it doesn't take away from anything there. Very nice background too.

[b]3rd Picture:[/b] The colours are something I particularly like about this piece, more than anything. They just stand out and work really well together. The proportions seem a little off, but I am not certain whether that is deliberate or not; it [i]could [/i]simply be the style of the picture. That is, it doesn't particularly look like a fault or accident, and that's a good thing. Awesome shading on the skin and lips especially; you've given the image a very soft, organic quality there.

All-in-all, amazing stuff. I would give you a numerical rating, but I don't really like to use them...they're a bit too arbitrary. I'd rather tell you what I like and what I don't like. As it stands, there's not much I don't like here. ~_^

I hope that you'll stick around and show us more of your art in future, Alexandria.[/color]
Posted
Thank you so much for your comments, I'm so happy you like my art enough to want to see more. When school lets out, I'll probably have a lot more time to draw pictures to post. And just in general hang out around OtakuBoards! ^^
Posted
I just love the feel and curves of it all. It looks full and I'm not keen on the blood but I will say it's not bad! ;) Very well done! NEAT-O!!
LOVE #2! So pretty! And #3 is great too! Keep it up! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...