OtakuBoards

Batman Begins

Guest ScirosDarkblade

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I'm really looking forward to this one.

[url]http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com[/url]

There have been some new updates for this film, mostly including stills from the filming. The new Batman look is dark, no-nonsense, and rather simple. No details of the actual suit can be discerned due to the lighting in all of the shots, however.

Bale looks pretty cool as Bruce Wayne, but that is all that we've seen so far.

Also the new Batmobile (if that is it in the shots) is really funky.

Well I love Batman and this film looks pretty spiffy from reading the script... but there is one problem I have: If they mess up Ra's I will kill them with a dull rusty blade.

Ra's is not only my favorite batman villan, he's one of my favorite comic book villans ever.

I've been following this film for a while now, from back when Ashton Kutcher was supposed to be up for the role (it's true he showed interest in the role.)

David S. Goyer wrote the screenplay (the writer of Blade, Blade II, and director/writer of Blade Trinity.) and it looks very solid... and with Chris Nolan taking charge as director... and with the Scarecrow appearing I think this film is going to rule.

But the new batmobile looks retarded and as if you can't steer it very well.

I read a few semi-spoilers, and I think the overall story of the film sounds good. For a while there, I was worried the movie would just be the Year One arc (which I'm not fond of, actually).

The photos of Bale as Batman and Wayne look good. Although I am curious about the Bat-suit itself. I can't tell if this suit is going to be rubber like the Burton/Schumacher movies, or some sort of cloth. Although from what I can tell, it might be sorta cloth-ie.

I guess I'll just have to wait for a trailer before I start making any year-long plans.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Yeah I can't wait until more information is available. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with a trailer in the next few months.

I think the new Batmobile is pretty retarded, actually. If I was the director, I'd make the Batmobile a highly modified Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT ("murcielago" = "bat" in Spanish hehe). It would look really slick. I think people care too much about the jet turbine engine. Really, you could make a better internal combustion engine, so I don't see why the "traditional" design has to be really adhered to.

I think they're already ruining Ra's Al Ghul. Ken Watanabe is playing him, and although I think Watanabe is a great actor and a really awesome dude, I don't think he fits the part of Ra's Al Ghul in the least. Well, at least the part of the comic book Ra's. In the film he's some ninja cult leader, so Watanabe is fine for that, but I don't understand why they have to use Ra's Al Ghul as a ninja cult leader. His name is Arabic, for crying out loud. If you're gonna make a movie about some Japanese master from Bruce Wayne's past, make it about that "Day of the Samurai/Night of the Ninja" dude or something, and not about Ra's Al Ghul.

Plus, with Ra's comes Talia, and I don't know what's happening in that respect at all. But there's nobody who can play Talia that I can think of off the top of my head.

There is a "surprise" concerning Watanbe as Ra's.

As for the suit it's made of foam like the Shumacher B&R suit so it's lightweight. This new suit also has much more freedom of movement so we can see the kick-*** bats we know and love.

Talia should be in it.. but I really want to see the Scarecrow above all else. Just think what kind of stuff they could do with fear toxins and CGI. :devil:

Also, Michael Caine as Alfred makes me want to see this even more.