OtakuBoards

My Rei banner

Rei_Man

My first attempt. It's basically just formed from four images and the text. I took the background from one, and layered the others over it at different transparencies. Not too bad in my opinion, but there's always room for improvement.

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna][/color][/size][/font] [font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1] [color=sienna]I think it would look better if the word "Human?" was more centered with the middle picture of Rei. And also, it is a bit shiny between the middle picture of Rei and the right side picture of Rei. I couldn't tell at first if it said "Ob" or "Oh". Everything else looks really cool![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d]-ry[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Very nicely done for a first attempt, Rei_Man.

I particularly like it. Rei is a good character and one often used and known at that. I like the color scheme, and I think the quote/text goes nicely to suit her personality. You've done a good job getting done the merge effect.

However, there are two things, I think, that can be fixed. You should really change the way the text is done. If you have white hit the end of text that turns white at the end. It's a bad idea, as said before the color of the text.

White + shade of white = No visibility

The second thing is, a border. Banners will forever look better with a border. Avatars, too. It keeps them looking neatly done and helps them more to please the eye. No fancy border need either simple a black line.

Once again, very good job. I look forwards to seeing more of your graphic work in the future.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Well, here's my latest banner. This one's animated, and it's gone through about four/five variations to get the file size to a suitable amount and make a few improvements. This version is about a third the size of the original so, as you can imagine, I had to remove quite a bit - which actually made it work better in the end. Comments?

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]First and foremost, I really like the speed of that text.

The images go a bit too fast, but wasn't it the slides per second the thing cut down during the file changes and variations?

Heh, I like the fact that all of the images were kept clean. Taking into consideration, they're gif. format, and the size of the over all banner. You've chosen a good variety and choice of images. They all fall together nicely with the ideal of the over all banner.

PS ~ Nice avatar.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 6 months later...
OK, I really am getting fed up with the animated set, both because of how long I've stuck with them, and the fact that they don't go particularly well together anyway. So today I finally got around to designing another one, or rather two variations of the set. The only difference between the two sets is the colour scheme, and a diffrent position of the letters on the two avatars. Personally, I have to say that I prefer the second set.
I guess I just wanted something a little less image dominated, really. Well?

[quote name='Rei_Man']Well, here's my latest banner. This one's animated, and it's gone through about four/five variations to get the file size to a suitable amount and make a few improvements. This version is about a third the size of the original so, as you can imagine, I had to remove quite a bit - which actually made it work better in the end. Comments?[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I personaly like this one better then the first one.It does go a little to fast but it's still good, just keep on practecing and you'll get better at it.[/COLOR]