OtakuBoards

I Am Sam

Zeta

For all who have seen this, what do you think?

Just a few minutes ago, it finished on Starz I think it was. And.....all that comes to mind is wow. Completely different than what I was expecting. I remember when it first came out, I basically judged it before even seeing it, like judging a book on its cover. Sadly, I wasn't able to catch it from the beginning, but I hope to later today. This is a GREAT movie.

Right now, this is a movie that I will forever like. One of my top favorites. Some things in it though, are things that I can't believe, things I wish didn't happen, but knew they had to get the movie the way it is. This is quite frankly, the only movie that has ever made me cry.

So, for all who have seen it, what do you think?

I Am Sam is a pretty good movie. I love how much emotion and reality that is put into the story, and the actors did an excellent job. Though it wasn't enough to make me cry. Maybe it's just me. *Shrugs* But I still did enjoy it. [I love Sam's organizational skills.] ^_^

I watched this movie a few years ago and yeah, I cried. That was a long time ago though.

I watched it again this year in psychology class, and it felt a little too cheesy. I dunno. It was kind of entertaining, as the characters (especially the guy who played the lawyer) had very distinct and interesting personalities. But it wasn't very sad this time around.

Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer can be a great actors when placed in the right pictures, and I think they played their parts effectively. Their respective abilities are the primary reason I enjoyed the film at all. The only reason this movie is capable of making people cry, is because it practically uses a siphon hose to suck the tears from you. There's no denying it, no one cried because this film was written extremely well or because it was legitimately impactful. No--the movie took the easy way out by using a cute kid and retardation to appeal to viewers' emotions.

The first time anyone sees this movie, they're likely to be moved and think it's wonderful but upon seeing it again, it becomes easy to see past the cheap tricks and notice the lame dialogue and overall corny nature of the whole ordeal.

Well I have been watching this most of the time with it being on T.V. and I must say, you'r right, I wasn't [i]as[/i] moved as the first time, seeing as how I know what is coming. But I don't see the corny nature of the whole ordeal or the lame dialogue, though that may just be me, I don't know. I still like it just as much, I just wont be brought to tears again, heh.

[quote name='ZetaReticulum'] But I don't see the corny nature of the whole ordeal or the lame dialogue, though that may just be me, I don't know. I still like it just as much, I just wont be brought to tears again, heh.[/quote]

"You're the red in her paintings." ;)