OtakuBoards

Which of these two mangas do you think is better?

Guest lilbeast

Guest lilbeast
Do you like Flame of Recca or Samuari Deeper Kyo more? Which has better story, fighting, characters, and comedy to you?

• 2 weeks later...
hey I'm kinda new! and this should be my first post but neway I've read samurai deeper kyo, and to my mind it's one of the best mangas out there! but I've never read the other one you mentioned, srry but sdk is a really good fighting manga, but I'm not to sure about the whole comedy thing, it's not all that funny

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to base this completely off the manga, since the manga of these two particular series are MUCH different then their anime, but that's nearly impossible for me since I've seen all of their anime and only read a couple volumes of their manga.

However, based on what I've read, I'd have to say I prefer [B]SDK[/B]. In my mind, Samurai Deeper Kyo is one of the all time classic stories, I've never gotten tired of it.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I have only read volume one of Samurai Deeper Kyo (same goes for the anime, just volume one of the DVDs...), but I think I really do like Kyo better.

Flame of Recca, for some reason, didn't really catch my fancy like SDK did. I love the characters in SDK, and anime-wise, the characters are great...(you have to watch the outtakes..."The letter b~..." XD)

The fights are really fun to redraw, for me. And great to watch, too, once you see the DVDs.[/COLOR]

Like many of the other posts here in this thread, I believe that SDK is one of the best mangas out there. I have only read the first one, but it has made quite an impression one me for the series.

Bottom line: Samurai Deeper Kyo. Good story, great art, and a twist of humour and fight.

Guest lilbeast
...two months for 3 replies...
anyway, wow. I didn't get what I expected. Every other manga forum and manga review sites regard flame of recca as a classic that everyone should own. So much for what I thought. I got flame of recca vol. 1 however and it is...okay. I will just start samurai deeper kyo and catch up to the latest volume. I like the story idea and it has been getting good reviews here. (bad reviews elsewhere) I will probably like it, i am easy going with manga. Thx and you can keep voting between the two. I will vote when I get the 1st volume of sdk.

• 4 weeks later...
I think Samurai Deeper Kyo is way better, because it has a better cast of characters in my mind. It's a better story too, It's just everything is better. The anime is also good, to go along with it, lol. But yeah, SDK kinda beats the other manga by a good bit.