OtakuBoards

Samurai Champloo mess....

Haze

For the past few days, I have been making some stuff for a new mO layout. I, like everyone else, have started to love the new anime Samurai Champloo. I used the "official wallpaper" from the "official website" to get these 3 images. I made a background for each of them, then stuck one character on each. Anyways, I worked really hard on these, so have a look:

[url="http://www.freewebs.com/rockemsockem/fuu.png"]Fuu[/url]: This one is of Fuu (duh)

[url="http://www.freewebs.com/rockemsockem/Jin2.png"]Jin[/url]: this one is Jin

[url="http://www.freewebs.com/rockemsockem/Mugen.png"]Mugen:[/url] And this one is of Mugen.

Yayah! So those are the three individual ones. I took all of them and smurshed 'em up to make one big ole .gif. Unfortunately by saving them as a .gif, image quality went way down. And I mean WAY down. Anywho Here it is...Let me tell you though... let it finish downloading before you actually watch it. If you don't, the last bunch of slides will look really bad. On my computer it took a while to finish. That might be because it is 1.61 Mb. ^__^"

[url="http://www.freewebs.com/rockemsockem/Champloo!.gif"]Right here[/url]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]O.O

Wow. This is really good, but don't add too much of a blur effect at the end. I saw the frames and it did look REALLY weird at the end.

For everyone that has trouble seeing it, you have to copy/paste the link. Because if you click on the link, it'll redirect you to the thread.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkslategray]Wow, I'm really impressed haze. Awesome job! I too, love Samurai Champloo. I also love these banners. I just have a few suggestions to share though.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkslategray]Although the background textures are great, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the banners were that the stocks didn't go very well with the background. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkslategray]The background color for the Fuu banner is blue (obviously). Blue is a calm, relaxing color. And that description doesnt really fit Fuu too well. I think you should've maybe tinted the background to pink r orange-ish. Not only does it match her dress, but pink is also a sign of being enrgetic, and cheery. Which suits Fuu's Personality much better.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkslategray]The background for the Jin banner is Red. Red is more of a wild, enrgetic, color that would suit Mugen's personality (and garments) better; And blue is more of a soothing, cool, color (as mentioned before) which might fit Jins personality, and garments better. Changing the background colors to suiting the character stock is a vital thing when making banners, and should be taken into account before finsihing up the banner.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkslategray]Just a few suggestions. They are great as is, but these are stuff I might've done if I were in your shoes. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkslategray]Now, onto the animation. To sum it all up, I'd say, [b]wow.[/b] That was great! ( despite the loading time ^^; ) The blur at the end was an awesome touch. I wish I could animate like that. Again, awesome job on this one, Haze.[/color][/size][/font]

See, the whole reason I did the colors like I did was based on what would look good with each person. I really didn't factor in all of the different personalities of the characters. I actaully tried to stick with the colors from the official site (see link in my sig.). I can see what you mean about their personalities though. I won't be able to redo them, however, because of the fact that I didn't save any of those backgrounds before I added in the stocks. >__<

And for that animation......Jasc Animation Shop did that for me. ^__~

I am glad both of you like it. Thanks for all of the great comments.