Guest battlecherry Posted February 3, 2006 Posted February 3, 2006 i thought that the anime was ok....it was very colorful, but i like the manga better. i don't know why, but i just do. :p :catgirl:
naruto06 Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 [SIZE=4]i love fruit baskets plot. it has great characters as well as a womderful storyLINE [/SIZE] [COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]naruto06, this is your third warning from a moderator in Anime Lounge. Read the rules, and stay on topic next time. It makes very little sense to post about Fruits Baskets in a "Tokyo Mew Mew!" thread. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR]
hey_love Posted February 6, 2006 Posted February 6, 2006 [quote name='naruto06][SIZE=4']i love fruit baskets plot. it has great characters as well as a womderful storyLINE [/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]Hehe, Fruits Basket = Love. Anyways, Tokyo Mew Mew, like Cardcaptor Sakura, is [b]horribly[/b] dubbed in the United States. It is actually called [b]Mew Mew Power[/b] now on 4Kids on the Fox channel. I was highly disappointed because I am rather fond of this manga series. The plotline and dubbage isn't really that great. I mean, it is perfect for younger girls, Mew Mew Power, but it just isn't the same. It's like how [b]Cardcaptor Sakura[/b] became [b][i]Cardcaptors[/b][/i] in the US. And they took out countless amounts of episodes, cutting the whole series down in half, and they dubbed it horribly, too! Sometimes, dubbing isn't really the best way, I think. Well, I guess I'll answer the question in post #1. No, I don't watch it. :animeswea :D [/size]
zoshu Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 I adore Tokyo Mew Mew! It has to be my favourtie anime(followed by One Piece):catgirl: -- However, like with all anime, I can't stand the dubs :animeswea -- My favourite character would have to be Pai, and he's right before Kisshu. Of course, my sick yaoi fan-girl mind comes up with... *points to avatar* :animeswea -- I don't like Ichigo or Aoyama though, they're too..."perfect".
CrazyMew Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love Tokyo Mew Mew!! I have never seen the show but I have the manga books.Are they called different names in the cartoons? My faveorites are Kish and Ichigo,mainly because shes got my faveorite costume. :D [/FONT] [/COLOR]
zoshu Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 I've never read the manga, sadly (but I have seen how shmexy Pai is XD) but I'm very sure they do. I adore Kisshu, YAY! XD Although, I'm not much of an Ichigo fan, in fact, I don't really like her at all. Although, I don't think she's as much of a "Mary-Sue" (in my opinion) in the manga, because the other mews are more important, as far as I know.
CrazyMew Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 I can't seem to find anything past volume3 in the book shops.Its so annoying.Where can I download the japenese shows? They don't seem be on any of the channels I have on my TV.
zoshu Posted February 7, 2006 Posted February 7, 2006 Well, I'm not allowed to really go out and say it, because as far as I know it's against the rules, but if you PM me, I'll be glad to tell you a few places you can find them ^^
lady_liege Posted February 21, 2006 Posted February 21, 2006 i read the mnaga to tokyo mew mew a long time ago........i realy likes it, ddn't get to finish though. [INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]lady_liege, Welcome to Otakuboards. The forums at OB may be a little different from most of the boards out there. The administration tries to encourage friendly conversation and high post quality. Since intelligent conversation is hard to accomplish with just one liners, a little more post content is usually required too. Next time, to try to keep your posts from being moderated, try to improve your spelling and grammar. Also, if your posts are really short (like this one) explain your reasons to help move the conversation along. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. Thanks -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now