Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
These are two of my drawings.

[IMG]http://img59.exs.cx/img59/1985/LadySubaru.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img65.exs.cx/img65/7169/Mimiru.jpg[/IMG]

Please leave a comment!
Posted
[COLOR=SlateGray]Right, okay, here are my comments ^^

[B]Number One: [/B]
This is good, I really like the way you done the different shading on the hair and clothes. I also like the eyes and the expression. The one this I have to say though, and it isn?t really crit on the picture itself, you should concentrate on not smudging when using pencil. I myself use just plain pencil for drawings a lot and it gets annoying when the picture is smudged, just clean that up and the picture will look more professional.

[B]Number two:[/B]
The position of the head is good on this one, it really works for the picture and you pulled it off well. Her expression is nice and it gives me the impression that she is helping someone up off the floor for some reason ^^;
Again, smudgy, makes it look very unprofessional, but that's the only thing

All in all, very good pictures, well done[/COLOR]
Posted
Well, the smudges might be from scanning the pics...the texture of the paper...And thank you sooo much for replying honestly...and yeah, *types while looking at the originals* some of it is smudges...probably because I'm concentrating on the shading, and am too preoccupied to keep my hand up...

EDIT- Someone deleted their post...so mine are on top of eachother now...I can't delete one of them.
Posted
Well, firstly, you drew them very well. The smudging is no problem, because thats usually just the paper. It's really hard not to smudge it unless you don't touch it. Also, you should try coloring it, because that would be even better. Remake a copy, or edit in photoshop.
Posted
Hmmm...*ponders this idea*

I'll do that. That would look awsome! Thanks for this brilliant idea...*Goes to remake w/ colored pencils*

Thanks for the comments everyone! And I have a friend who's reallt good at this who might agree to post some of his stuff...he's a big Sonic fan I think...And I'll definitely color the pictures...
Posted
First, I think you did a really good Job. I would LOVE to see this in Line art though. Then digital artists like myself would be lining up just to color these pics. I really love it. You did a great job :)
Posted
[color=firebrick] I like your first picture a lot. ^_^ Proportions are good, etc. etc. I love the eyes, too. :) The only problem with it is that the shading looks very 'messy' in the sense that you can see every single place you switched directions and every line. You might want to try and smooth it out a bit. Same goes for the second pic.

I like the angle in the second picture, but if you draw the basic circle of the head, you can see that the hair is much too high.

Great pics, though. ^_^ [/color]
Posted
Thank you...I was starting to think I was seeing things...I definitely have to work on the parts where I change the pencil's direction when shading...and I think Mimiru's hair is supposed to be that high *Double checks*...and I just want everyone to know that I know that there's magazine text in the backround of the drawing of Subaru...I put a magazine over the pic to keep it flat on the scanner...I'll scan it again when I have the time...Thanks everyone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...