Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Sciros's new art


Recommended Posts

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
I drew this recently. It's part of my concept art for something I may end up working on in the future (a short comic or something). I used Photoshop and a Wacom tablet. It didn't take long, as it's just a sketch with no color, but it's "finished." I'm not gonna color it. Let me know what you think.
Posted
Wow that?s great, impressive skills and really sets the ambience with the cross sketching and use of two tone off colours.

I?m saying this only for the sake of saying something now, its far better than anything i could do; the midsection of the body looks too out of whack, she appears to have a lack of figure around the lower stomach area to her upper vaginal area (for lack of a better word) it appears too flat and around the waist the curvature seems the same, almost as if going from one angle of view to another, Im struggling to describe what i mean, who knows maybe its just me...
or maybe ive just been going out with too many fat women recently... xD

Actually she looks scarily like my ex-gf... I hope this wasn't drawn from life =P
Posted
Wow, she's hot. o_O

Anyway, this is a great sketch. The shading is very stylish, and the fabric of her shirt actually looks like real fabric. The carefully rendered details (such as the handle of her katana and the smooth-textured pocket on her pants) really add a lot to the overall image. Beautiful work.

~Dagger~
Posted
I'm glad you're not going to color it because it's seriously perfect as it is. I'd love to see a wallpaper in this style heh.

Anyway, I am curious as to what model Wacom you have? I've been planning on getting one for quite some time, but never get around to it.
Posted
It is very nice and all...but there might be a little mistake with the hips, at least, it seems a bit off to me.

But I do like it very much :)

Kinda reminds me of Faye from Cowboy Bebop for some reason >.>
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
Here's an "ultra-low-level-of-effort" piece I just finished. Took about a half-hour, once I finalized the design. It's a character design and nothing more. That's why I used "EXTREEEME LAZEENESS" and actually filled his jeans with a preset pattern, lol.

Rate him 1-10 in terms of "hot surfer looks" and "unoriginality due to Kurz Weber-ness."
Posted
[QUOTE=ScirosDarkblade]Here's an "ultra-low-level-of-effort" piece I just finished. Took about a half-hour, once I finalized the design. It's a character design and nothing more. That's why I used "EXTREEEME LAZEENESS" and actually filled his jeans with a preset pattern, lol.

Rate him 1-10 in terms of "hot surfer looks" and "unoriginality due to Kurz Weber-ness."[/QUOTE]

Hot surfer looks: Somewhat too stocky for my tastes, but I absolutely love the hair. In my opinion, this is an excellent--if slightly generic--character design, particularly since it didn't take you very long. His stance and proportions are very nearly perfect; I'd make his neck a wee bit skinnier, though. Overall, a solid 8.

Unoriginality due to Kurz Weber-ness: *chuckles* Yes, he definitely has that look about him. I'd say 5 or 6.

~Dagger~
Posted
The first piece is nice, but both are good. She looks like a hero, and a great fighter. She is well-done, and it is great that u didn't color it since it's good as it is. Very good. How long have you been drawing? On the second one, it could use a little more detail and fixing up. very nice work. I give you a 7/10, and I'm only a 5 or 6/10. Nice work.

-MILZ
Posted
I'm impressed that you did it entirely on a tablet! I got mine about three months ago and I could never do anything like that on it. Damn that thing is hard to use! What model do you have?

I really like the subtle shading around he navel and fingers that give it depth and how you can see just a little bit of her calf.
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
I use a Wacom Graphire2. It's an older model, from back when they were around $70 rather than $100. But it works fine. Now, what I'd [i]really[/i] like is one of those 18" monitor-panel things that Wacom makes. But those things are a couple of grand I think. But just think of the possibities! Drawing right on the monitor (which of course has a special protective coating unlike normal flat panels)... it would be so easy and so sweet!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...