Talon Posted August 17, 2004 Posted August 17, 2004 [color=teal]Just one long run, no pain to feel. Outrunning a life I don't want to be real. Preparing myself, I don't like what I see, In that eternal mirror resting inside of me. Stabbed in the back by those I'd trust, Fighting my family for what I know I must. Against all odds, this moment is key, Baring the eternal mirror for all to see. Father, my mother, all my siblings dear, My friends and my love, lost to me, I fear. Driven away, as though thrown out to sea, I dredge these memories from inside of me. Driven to namelessness, lost to the sands, Sold away naked to the cruel world's demands. Clothing myself in the hide of a new me, The eternal mirror, for none save I to see. A new name, a new life, the old left to rot, As once they left me in my anger so hot. Tossing away the rags that all could see, I strive for the glory of the man I must be.[/color]
DetectiveMikeRS Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 This poem has a very good concept, and the words flow very well throughout the entire work. The rhyme scheme is good too, and it really holds the whole poem together. I don't really think there's one thing that needs to be changed.
Ezekiel Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [COLOR=SlateGray]I know what's behind that poem and I guess that's why it seems to strike a different cord with me. I honestly felt like I was going to cry and I think I'm going to. *chokes up* You are a fantastic poet and that talent you have is wonderful, I really want to read more of your work.[/COLOR]
Chaos Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 Again, we have conflicting opinions. While you wish to leave your problems behind, I say burn them all down and piss on the ashes. But I will allow for artistic freedom in this case. Haha. I do like the last couplet, though. Turns the meaning around. Goes from a tattered and torn depressed sense to a more willful and demanding pose of revenge. May not be what you were aiming for, but I like the way I make it sound. =X
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now