Godelsensei Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 [COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]I downloaded one episode of this show, that appears to be for children. It's projected to run for 13 episodes, though, which I find odd for a kids' show, but hey. The animation style is quite...unique, to say the very least. (The people's almost complete lack of feet and rediculously wide hips are both whymiscal and something I cannot place.) I think I may download the next episode, to see if I'm dealing with the next NaruTaru, but I guess I shall just have to see. I like this show, despite the fact that it's rather kiddy-ish, and that the animation isn't all that great. (Not unlike the music. Heh.) It's...kawaii.^^[/FONT][/COLOR]
Dagger Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 I'm not sure that kids would have the patience for this show, heh. The first episode reminded me of Koi Kaze--Windy Tales obviously isn't about incest, but it's deliberately paced and has similarly subtle character development. I really love how they animated the wind. While the artwork is deceptively simplistic, I think Windy Tales will look and sound fantastic on DVD. At least for now, it's a pretty good way to pass the time while I await the next episode of Maria-sama ga Miteru. :p ~Dagger~
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted September 23, 2004 Posted September 23, 2004 [quote name='Dagger IX1']I'm not sure that kids would have the patience for this show, heh. The first episode reminded me of Koi Kaze--Windy Tales obviously isn't about incest, but it's deliberately paced and has similarly subtle character development. I really love how they animated the wind. While the artwork is deceptively simplistic, I think Windy Tales will look and sound fantastic on DVD.[/quote] I agree. Some kids would watch it, but I don't think they'd [i]get[/i] it. I like it's unassuming nature and slow character development. It kind of allows you to think about the theme of the show more, not so much the plot since I don't think it's as important as the... message it's trying to convey? Heheh... It's pretty deep. I have the first two episodes and they make me want to fall asleep (lol) because they're so serene. I like the design of the characters and the clouds... it reminds me so much of French art and popart; a nice change in between all of the other animes I'm watching/waiting for.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now