OtakuBoards

Rammstein "Reise, Reise"

Nomad

I've been a fan for quite a while now, and seeing as how I need something new to talk about, I've decided on their recent album.
[center]
[B]"Reise, Reise" (Journey, Journey or Rise, Rise depending how you translate it)[/B]
[IMG]http://img84.exs.cx/img84/4818/ReiseReise_coverart.jpg[/IMG]

1. Reise, Reise
2. Mein Teil
3. Dalai Lama
4. Keine Lust
5. Los
6. Amerika
7. Moskow
8. Morgenstern
9. Stein um Stein
10. Ohne Dich
11. Amour[/center]

Although the album "Reise, Reise" won't be released in the US until 11.16.04 (November 16, 2004 according to [url=http://www.rammstein.com/reise_reise/]Rammstein.com[/url]), I would like to see if anyone has bought it over the internet (seeing as how it was released in most of Europe since September 27, 2004) or what some people think this album will be like. I liked Herzeleid, Mutter, Sehnsucht and Live Aus Berlin and I've heard "Amerika" and "Mein Teil" (from "Reise, Reise"), although very weird, I like both of them (even though alot of what they say is weird lol). I'm waiting as patiently as I can for the release of it. So anyone have thoughts, comments, reviews maybe?

yes i have heard the whole album, infact i am listening to it right now :D, and it is BRILLIANT!!! at first i was like "Meh nothing all that good" but now i have listened to the Cd like 25 times over :lol: hahaha meh it is excelent and i love it to bits, specially the songs:

Ohne dich (without you)
amour
morgenstern (morning star)
and moskow (moscow)

the album is fantastic and if you are a fan its a must get.

also nomad what is with the writing under the sig? juist wondering what you mean by it.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]I've listened to all the Rammstein albums apart from Reise, which i am saving up for. Plus yeh, i do have them all also, lol.

I'm severley hoping 'Reise Reise' to be great. As i've read an interview with them about this album, they say they've made it a million times better than Mutter (Mother), Sehnsucht (Longing) and Herzeleid (Heartache).

So i would recommend it even before having it myself, i have listened to Amerika, and that is amzing. *Crosses Fingers* hope this is as great as it says.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Reise][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]I've listened to all the Rammstein albums apart from Reise, which i am saving up for. Plus yeh, i do have them all also, lol.

I'm severley hoping 'Reise Reise' to be great. As i've read an interview with them about this album, they say they've made it a million times better than Mutter (Mother), Sehnsucht (Longing) and Herzeleid (Heartache).

So i would recommend it even before having it myself, i have listened to Amerika, and that is amzing. *Crosses Fingers* hope this is as great as it says.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Man you wouldent believe it, I think that "Amerika" is the worst song on there album (not that it is a bad song just that i like the othas betta) and "Ohne Dich" is Magnificent, this album is a godsend. it arrived just when I was needing some new music to listen to. :P it truley is good.

[quote name='Teufelmann']I think that "Amerika" is the worst song on there album[/quote]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]If thats the worst song on the album, then i can't wait to hear the rest. Well i'm going to my friends house today who has it, so guess what i'll have playing. But the interviews make the whole album sound amazing so, well i'm repaeating myself here.

But if it is truely as good as its made out, then i only have £2 more to get, which i can scrounge from my parents, heh heh.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

yeah man trust me you will like it, specially if your nething like me, and everyone i know who listens to rammstein who has heard the new album say that they LOVE the new songs. but then the ppl i know like the same music as me so meh i dunno if u will think that it is as good. hope u enjoy it neway

yeah I got the aalbum as soon as it come out to Aus, IT ROCKS, I am a big rammstien fan ever since i heard Sehnsucht amd mow have ever single Cd and them live in berlin on DVD.
as for reise reise this CD is a gods send it came out just before my end of skool exams and when i study i lisen to music. so I have lisend to this CD aobt 20 times so far and i love every song apart form stien um stien. but this CD is great but my fav still has to be Herzeleid

PS reise reise is not jorney jorney, it is riise rise. it is an old german fisherman saying go to [URL=http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/reise_reise#reise_reise]here[/URL] for the translation of each song

[quote name='Inuyasha7271']What type of Music Does Rammstein sing I have heard Amerika what type is it German I myself like the Irish Pub stylings of Flogging Molly I love that group my friend told me about them and I can't get enough of em.[/quote]

[B]Rammstein is called Industrial Metal alot of places. Dunno what really to categorize them in. I just call 'em rock. Meh.[/B]

[quote name='Cyriel']Oh, ok, so I've only heard one Rammstein song, and that's "Du Hast." But I just thought I'd mention that I also recently saw the music video, and it made me very...disturbed. Agh, it was scary.[/quote]

[B]It's not surprising that that is the only song you've heard from Rammstein. It's the most popular song I think. That's usually the first song anyone hears from them. Haven't seen the video myself, but I'm sure it was disturbing. That's Rammstein's style so to speak, heh. That's not the only "weird" video, they have others that are equally, or more so, "weird".

If you think they're videos are odd, you should try reading translations of some of their songs. It's all seems funny to me. Songs like "Spiel Mit Mir", "Weißes Fleisch", "Bück Dich", etc. are very strange to say the least.[/B] :D

[quote name='Kopfgeldjäger']PS reise reise is not jorney jorney, it is riise rise. it is an old german fisherman saying go to here for the translation of each song[/quote]

[B]1.) I have changed that
2.) [I]Though written as a noun, "Reise" is obviously used as a verb in the song. The phrase "Reise, Reise" is used by seamen as a wake-up call and finds its roots in the Middle High German verb "risen", which meant "to rise" (to which it is obviously related as well). This verb has since died out in New High German, though the noun was retained and came to mean "[U]journey[/U]" or "voyage". The verb "reisen" was rederived from the noun "Reise", but now means "to journey" or "to travel". It seems the old meaning has been preserved in this phrase in the seaman's language.[/I]

Reise does mean Rise (or To Rise) but it is also used as Journey and that is what the title was thought to mean before the release. And yes, in the song "Reise, Reise" it is used as (a)Rise.

And I already goto Herzeleid.com for translations.[/B]