Jump to content
OtakuBoards

80


Guest Akito

Recommended Posts

Posted
What do u guys think of it? It thought it was pretty cool, alot better then some of the stuff i've seen before. The art was wonderful for old school, and i'm surprised they restored alot fo the art work back into it. I've seen some original clips of it, and it was really screwed up, the art messed up, of course, u'll have to expect this from a 70's anime film. But it does look interesting, I just hope they actually finish it, unlike MSG.
Posted
I enjoyed the first 4 episodes but I have yet to see more I still love 0083 though:cross:
Posted
I've only seen up to ep 2, I've been watching it off of CN, I know, stayin up late is bad for school, but, hey, I've been havin trouble sleepin for last week or so.
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue] Ok I got a cnace to glance at it yesterday but I dodn;t see the whole ep so I have no clue as to what it is.... So pls tell me ppl. I wann know how it's going so far so that way I'll be able to tell if it's worth watching[/COLOR]
Posted
Well, I'm against giving out the details of the show on this site. And I don't thinks it's a good idea, normally, when ppl tell u what the show is like, it sounds alot more boring or exciting then what it really is.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
have i missed much cause i was going to stay up for it but i fell asleep.
Posted
it would be cooler if i could see the other episodes
Posted
Just for u guys who don't know when it comes on, it comes on Mon-Wed, and Fri, at 12:30 a.m.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
i hope it comes on toonami later because i get in trouble for staying up late on school days.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]i hope it comes on toonami later because i get in trouble for staying up late on school days. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, do what i do, set ur clock to 12:30 a.m., and go to bed when it's done.
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1][b] I thought it was pretty kewl![/color][/size][/b]
Posted
Yeah, it is pretty sweet! I'm surprised that the art work is good for a 70's anime.
Posted
[COLOR=limegreen]I've been watching it on CN, but I think I missed an episode.....ohwell. Hmmmm, I'd say it's pretty good. I thought MSG was dull as dirt; I'd always fall asleep during the middle. 0080 seems to keep my attention, and that's good..... lol. Anyway..... Is it common that they have a Gundam series that's more from the Zeon perspective? I haven't seen many Gundam shows, but MSG and the 08th Team were different than 0080(perspective wise)...:whoops:[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B][COLOR=limegreen]I've been watching it on CN, but I think I missed an episode.....ohwell. Hmmmm, I'd say it's pretty good. I thought MSG was dull as dirt; I'd always fall asleep during the middle. 0080 seems to keep my attention, and that's good..... lol. Anyway..... Is it common that they have a Gundam series that's more from the Zeon perspective? I haven't seen many Gundam shows, but MSG and the 08th Team were different than 0080(perspective wise)...:whoops:[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

In war, there are always two main sides. Most of the time, the ppl will take the side of the ones who want to protect the Earth, basically, the Fed's are the main attraction. Now, what i want to see is the Zeon side of the story. And what I really like about 0080 is the fact that they are tieing it in with the MSG series.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]And what I really like about 0080 is the fact that they are tieing it in with the MSG series. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=limegreen]Well, MSG focused around a "one year war," right? I'm probably wrong; like I said before, I wasn't exactly interested in MSG. Uhhh, oh yeah..... and now, 0080 is basically about the [i]end[/i] of the "one year war".... Okay, I think I see the connection.

I agree with you. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens behind the scenes with the Zeon, for a change... (I've never taken sides when it comes to Gundam. I'm still kinda, sorta shady on what they're fighting over...)[/COLOR]
Posted
0080 is made in late 80's. It was release in 1989 for the 10th anniversary of MSG. Therefore, the animation should be up to date. It has 6 esp. only and is considered to be the best OVA by many. The story is about war and it's effect on people, especially children. A very touch story about what Gundam supposes to mean.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=limegreen]Well, MSG focused around a "one year war," right? I'm probably wrong; like I said before, I wasn't exactly interested in MSG. Uhhh, oh yeah..... and now, 0080 is basically about the [i]end[/i] of the "one year war".... Okay, I think I see the connection.

I agree with you. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens behind the scenes with the Zeon, for a change... (I've never taken sides when it comes to Gundam. I'm still kinda, sorta shady on what they're fighting over...)[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

It's tied in, i assure u, cause in one of the eps, when they pull out that gundam that was in the container, one of the mechanics said that it was going to go to some pilot on the White Base.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Emma [/i]
[B]0080 is made in late 80's. It was release in 1989 for the 10th anniversary of MSG. Therefore, the animation should be up to date. It has 6 esp. only and is considered to be the best OVA by many. The story is about war and it's effect on people, especially children. A very touch story about what Gundam supposes to mean. [/B][/QUOTE]
Thank you I was just getting ready to say that. And for the record C.N. went on record to say that they took M.S.G. off insite of 9.11.01 . Can't say exacly why but eh.......
Posted
Well, it ended like, a week ago, did any of u see it, i don't want to give it away, but, I thought it was a sad ending.
Posted
The word your looking for is tragic. But thats also what I liked about it. Life isn't always puppy dogs kitty kats and happy endings. Art must reflect life.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tat2oo [/i]
[B]The word your looking for is tragic. But thats also what I liked about it. Life isn't always puppy dogs kitty kats and happy endings. Art must reflect life. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, one, I know the word i'm looking for, two, i know that art must reflect life, and three, my life has never been puppy dogs and kitty cats.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

Ok, one, I know the word i'm looking for, two, i know that art must reflect life, and three, my life has never been puppy dogs and kitty cats. [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey I wasn't say you per say just well.....eh... all that

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...