OtakuBoards

3 or 4 favorite Christmas Songs

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=Red] I swear I must be in a very Holiday infested mood or something-I blame my neighbors for setting up their Christmas lights before Thanks Giving and the malls for not only bringing Santa in on the 12th of November, but starting their decorating in October! Damn them all! But anyways...now I want to know what your favorite christmas songs are. Please share with everyone why they're your favorite and you'll get a cookie shaped like Santa or a Yule log, I'm not very patient with the cookie cutters :cussing: [/color]

[color=green]As for myself,

1.) [b]Grandma got run over by a Reindeer[/b]-I don't know, maybe it's just that right now I kind of wish my paternal grandma would get plowed down by a hit and run santa. Yes, I know it's not a very charitable thing to think during the holidays, but for once can I get away with it? Please? I promise to accept the small amount of kharmic backlash I'll get for this thought. It's just a very funny song[/color]

[color=red] 2.) [b]Oh Holy Night.[/b]- I've always loved this song. It's very beautiful. I had a copy of the song sung by Martina McBride on a burned cd, but I can't find it right now. Now, I'm kind of bummed because I can't find it and I want to listen to some regular Christmas music. :bawl:[/color]

[color=green] 3.) Osama got run over by a Reindeer.[/b]- How can you not like a song about a terrorist being run over by a reindeer? The best part is the line 'There were hoof marks on his forehead and a broken reindeer antler up his...' Well, you know where that antler was. I first heard the song in an email I got, now I have it on a cd of funny christmas songs I burned.[/color]

[color=red] 4.) [b]Where are you Christmas?[/b]-This song is from the live version of how the Grinch Stole Christmas and sung by Faith Hill who is one of my favorite female singers. It's a sweet touching song. In my opinion I think it shows how christmas ends meaning one thing to kids and begins to mean another as they grow.[/color]

[color=green]Well, I've shared my choices and been very festive about it, so now I hope everyone will be kind enough to show theirs. remember, cookies! :laugh: [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]I've always liked [i]God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen[/i] and [i]We Three Kings[/i]. Just the sound of them--not as bright and bubbly as a lot of other Christmas songs, or as long and whiny as some others. There's a version the Barenaked Ladies and [someone else] sing of those two songs that I heard on the radio back before thanksgiving. Normally I would be very indignant about hearing Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

I also like [i]Step Into Christmas[/i] by Elton John, but that just might be because E. John is my mom's favorite artist, and I heard it a lot as a kid. ^_~

rockin' around the Christmas tree,
Sara[/size]