Jump to content
OtakuBoards

OpenCanvas 3.0?


Recommended Posts

Guest rain shower
Posted
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Does anybody here, other than me, use Open Canvas 3.0? 0.o' I use it alot. I just wanted to know, seeing mostly everyone uses Photoshop. OpenCanvas is good too~ T_T

I feel lonely. :( [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
Well, I've never heard of Open Canvas 3.0. What features does it have? Usually, people use Photoshop because it is leagues better than whatever other photoediting software there is. The downside is that it costs like... 500$.
Posted
[color=darkslateblue] I have openCanvas 3.05e Plus, but I've never really used it yet, since I'm still waiting to get a scanner/tablet.

But I have played around with it, and by all means, I think it's wonderful. It's true that Photoshop is much more powerful and has a bunch of filter (bah, filters, who needs them anyway?), but of course it's about $600.

openCanvas is actually meant for coloring lined art, while PS is made for digital editing with photographs and such. It has a very nice watercolor option and it's wonderful with a tablet, and it has a pretty easy interface. Although in this area Painter 8/9 would dominate, that's also about $350 or something. [/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[size=1]I've heard of open canvas before, i've seen it used in art too and it looks pretty good. I would like to get my hands on it (and a new scanner XP). How much does Open Canvas3.0 cost and where would I be able to get it? I've never seen it in stores.[/size]
Posted
[color=darkslateblue] Um...it's impossible to get it in stores, because they only sell it oneline at [url]http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/index.asp[/url]. *scratches head* I'm pretty sure about that, anyways.[/color]
Posted
Hrmm I'm actually quite a big fan of Gimp which might I add is very much free and very powerfull. Also nice side is it runs on most os's and in some situations is better the photoshop

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...