Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE=elfpirate]
[b]I basically watched video after video, and slowed down every darkslide I saw and then tried to imitate as best I could. Eventually, I landed it. I still have a hard time landing them, though, and will be workin' on 'em this summer[/b].[/QUOTE]
Heh, check out Rodney's part in Round 2/3. He does a few. Also, watch his vids in THUG and THPS3/4 He does a few. Basically heelflip/Kickflip, and catch way early.

For the fakie flips part, I dont' think it would be a fakie flip if your standing still, the esance on a fakie/nollie flip is the moving backwards, or it's just a normal/switch ollie. My 2 cents...

_-Nate-_
Posted
[QUOTE=Nate]For the fakie flips part, I dont' think it would be a fakie flip if your standing still, the esance on a fakie/nollie flip is the moving backwards, or it's just a normal/switch ollie. My 2 cents...
_-Nate-_[/QUOTE]
[b]Does about a foot or two o' rolling even qualify as movement? Cuz I'd rather say that it's standing still...[/b]
Posted
[quote name='elfpirate][b']Does about a foot or two o' rolling even qualify as movement? Cuz I'd rather say that it's standing still...[/b][/quote]

To me, it's a fakie/nollie if your moving backwards when you ollie and when you land. How fast/how much, i dont' care.

_-Nate-_
Posted
I got a skateboard a few months ago... I tried it, but I'm not so good at it yet. Plus I can hardly ever get out [I]to[/I] skateboard.

I gotta practice...
Posted
[QUOTE=Nate]To me, it's a fakie/nollie if your moving backwards when you ollie and when you land. How fast/how much, i dont' care.

_-Nate-_[/QUOTE]

ya i agree, its basicly riding backwards. so just lgo the regular way you always do and look backward or sumthin.
Posted
[QUOTE=Zenriek]I got a skateboard a few months ago... I tried it, but I'm not so good at it yet. Plus I can hardly ever get out [I]to[/I] skateboard.

I gotta practice...[/QUOTE]


Yea, it's all about practicing a lot and taking a lot of falls at that. I haven't skated in over a year but it was a great time when I did no doubt about that. My tips to beginning skaters who just wanna go out and have fun and get decent while their at it. Its not so much how fast you learn the hard stuff but get your basics down flat and its a lot more fun. A few basic grinds/ slides and a kickflip+ good ollie are great because when you master the basics you can incorporate them into a combination of things. Like i said before GAPS ARE THE BEST >.<.

I have a question for elf pirate. Even though you're still on the trial and error stage of hardflips I just never quite understood how to kick it// have your feet placed on the board. To my limited understanding your back foot is pretty much on the edge in order to get one hell of a pop and your front foot is practically vertical along the near side of the board over the front truck. From here, if this is in fact where your footing should be because it feels very awkward, uncomfortable, and difficult to balance standing still let alone moving like this (loos trucks is my preferance could be a factor) where do i go? What do i do? How do i pop/flick or kick the board if you could just reply to the best of your current knowledge it will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!! :D
Posted
[QUOTE=r3vival]Yea, it's all about practicing a lot and taking a lot of falls at that. I haven't skated in over a year but it was a great time when I did no doubt about that. My tips to beginning skaters who just wanna go out and have fun and get decent while their at it. Its not so much how fast you learn the hard stuff but get your basics down flat and its a lot more fun. A few basic grinds/ slides and a kickflip+ good ollie are great because when you master the basics you can incorporate them into a combination of things. Like i said before GAPS ARE THE BEST >.<.

I have a question for elf pirate. Even though you're still on the trial and error stage of hardflips I just never quite understood how to kick it// have your feet placed on the board. To my limited understanding your back foot is pretty much on the edge in order to get one hell of a pop and your front foot is practically vertical along the near side of the board over the front truck. From here, if this is in fact where your footing should be because it feels very awkward, uncomfortable, and difficult to balance standing still let alone moving like this (loos trucks is my preferance could be a factor) where do i go? What do i do? How do i pop/flick or kick the board if you could just reply to the best of your current knowledge it will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!! :D[/QUOTE]

for the hardflip part, ive heard thet you hav to jump backward like you kinda jump forward for a shuvit. but i agree that it does feel akward trying to do it though. i skiped hardflips and went to swicth 360 flips. i almost got it on lock down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...