Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I doubt this thread will get too many responses, but I only need one practical response from someone who knows what I'm talking about...so I'm posting it anyway...

When I train with my 'chucks, the pivot pieces pinch and scratch the webbed part of my hands (the part between my thumbs and forefingers). It happens when I do the open-handed free spin around the hands thing...
Do any of you know what I can do to make it stop tearing up my hands or if I have to tape my hands before I train or what?
I figured that my hands would just toughen up after a while (like how your knuckles callous after shredding them numerous times on a punching bag) but they haven't done so, and I've been training for a couple years now...just putting up with it...
There's no one to ask in my lame *** community, so I thought I'd ask you guys...
Posted
Consult the Ninja Turtles, they've had weapons training.
Posted
[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]I imagine it would be advisable to tape your hands to prevent injury, though I don't really have any practical experience.

If you don't mind me asking what art do you study?[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]Well, as somebody who knows SFA about nunchucks, I guess that 'd have to subscribe to the principle of common logic, and suggest that you tape your hands. If your hands were going to toughen up, it would of happened by now. Then again, if you've put up with it for a few years, why is it bothering you so much now?[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][ Then again, if you've put up with it for a few years, why is it bothering you so much now?



Because now I have a nice tattoo across the back of my left hand which will eventually end up with a blotch of scar tissue through the design if I don't do something to prevent it. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care... it's not like it hurts terribly bad or anything...

I don't want to ruin one of my artworks with another of my art forms... that's all...
Posted
Thanks for the opinions. I found my answer already, though- and, no, it wasn't taping... and that makes me happy, because taped hands make for restricted movement ;) .

Thanks for the replies to a stupid question, everyone. :) Much appreciated!
Guest Cole-Fu
Posted
Wow, Im suprised someoen here practices the chucks besides me. I was about to flame you and call you a wussy, but having such a cool tatoo on your hand get ruined during training is a no-no. Anyway, cloth. Boxing cloth that you wrap your hands up in. Get some of that stuff at Martialartsmart.com

And good work in your training. Practice everyday my friend, as a matter of fact I better get going to the dojo in about 25 minutes.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
make sure you are not gripping the nunchakus too close to the pivot. about halfway down the shaft is the best place to grip it for optimum control, but maximum power. check your grip. and if the pivot keeps shredding your hands, then the likihood is that you need a new pair as the ball bearings are wearing thin.

(looks like three years training under master desir paid off)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...