Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Teal][URL=http://asmallvictory.net/archives/008102.html]Oh the Humanity![/URL]

Seriously though, I saw this in my local paper today and its pretty funny. I would have been a little more doubtful if it hadn't been for the gun that they're holding to the dolls head is the exact same gun in the action figure set =P.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[color=darkviolet]I saw that on prime time news...must have been after my local news. I also saw it on CNN.

Apperantly someone sent a picture to an Islamic website bragging about holding a soldier hostage. Teh US commanders did head counts and they weren't missing anyone. So yeah it was a rather elaborate hoax.

What I want to know is when is Barbie or a Bratz doll going to be held hostage?[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Heh this really brought a smile to my face as I read it, I'm honestly not sure whether to laugh at the stupity of it or feel sorry for the desperation of those who tried something like that. As per ChibiHorsewoman's comment I hope they get a Michael Moore figure and hold it hostage, or perhaps wrap explosives around it and mimic the Team America film.[/SIZE]
Posted
When I saw this on the news the very first thing I thought of what this:
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Panda_chan_/misc/bertosama.jpg[/img]
I wonder if Ernie knows who his roommate hangs with?[/center]

Do you guys remember the evil Bert on the Osama posters? This new "hostage" situation made me think of that poster. It's like they take these serious situations...rally to support their leader or a hostage situation...and make it into a joke by putting Bert in the posters and using a doll as a hostage. It makes it a bit more difficult to take them seriously when you see stuff like this.

The confict is very serious and I don't want anyone to think I am making light of the situation. But by using Bert and a doll...are they trying to make the war more "kid friendly"? Someone needs to send in GI Joe to rescue the hostage!
Posted
[quote name='Panda']The confict is very serious and I don't want anyone to think I am making light of the situation. But by using Ernie and a doll...are they trying to make the war more "kid friendly"? Someone needs to send in GI Joe to rescue the hostage![/quote][color=#ff6600]Buzz Lightyear, to the rescue!

Heh. I saw this a couple days ago online, and thought it was hilarious. Just a small thing that brightened my day. Almost made me want to make a movie, or something. Claymation. Heh... I dunno.

gotta catch 'em all,
Sara[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE]What I want to know is when is Barbie or a Bratz doll going to be held hostage?[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://thetemplarpundit.blogspot.com/2005/02/westerner-taken-hostage-in-iraq.html]Oh, no![/URL]

:D :D :D

Er...sorry. I hold deep resentment against Barbie Dolls.

And no, that's not a real picture...sadly.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]I saw that in the paper too. Those guys are going to kill an action figure! Oh no! but just when they were about to, a super high tech tank crashed through the wall. "I told you guys my friends would come to resuce me!" said Mr. Action figure man. A bunch of guys in crazy millitary outfits lept out of the tank, yelling "YO JOE!!" ("G.I. Joe is the code name for Americas top-secret milltary force. It's purpose to defend freedom against Cobra, a ruthless terrorist orginisation determined to rule the world.")" A vilolent battle ensued, and it was interuppted every fifteen minutes by a commerial. In the end, the villians were defeated, and it was followed by a PSA. Wow. All this in one day. Their good.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...