OtakuBoards

Posting Artwork

Okay, I felt like recieving criticism today. So let me know what you think on this pic. I'm trying to figure out what to do for ground work, but I'm drawing a blank. I colored this using Photoshop CS and it's a great piece drawn my Sam Liu. Any comments and critiquing is welcomed since I'm always trying to improve :)

~...~

I like how you did it for the most part. Great job.

The abs could be given more shading, and his knee caps looked pretty born too. I think more jagged shadows would work well with this shot. I mean, it's a drawing of a swordsman, so a more rugged feel would ... make it look better. Did that make sense?

The background also looks sort of ... running together. I would suggest making it more crisp.

You've done an excellent job on the lines, hair, and face. I like it.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]I like your choice of color a lot, and the affect with the sword is stellar. It really takes the eye to the figure.

The background does need work though. I like the line that his left arm (right to the viewer) creates. I'd do something with that line; emphasize or repeat it in the rest of the piece.

As for color: nothing too bright, but I don't think that your choice of grey is working either. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote=ArunueShekamari]He didn't draw it. He only coloured it.

I love the job you did. could you possibly supply the uncoloured picture? It would make critisizing alot easier.[/quote]

No prob, here it is, and lol, FYI, this [i]he[/i] is actually a [i]SHE[/i] LOL, thanks for the comments guys, and I will work on the shading!

[font=Book Antiqua][color=silver]I hate women -.-;;;[/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=silver][/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=silver] [/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=silver]Anyway, back to my critisizing: [/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=silver] [/color][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][color=silver]Over all, really nice job. I do beleive that your shading is nice, though, some of the key points mentioned ion other comments do need to be improved, including the backround and such. Mostly everything has been stated, so I have nothing to say, but this........8/10[/color][/font]