OtakuBoards

Diffrent types of anime artwork

Guest Vamp2004

Guest Vamp2004
I hear all the time about diffrent types of anime. Like a certain artist draws in a certain style. I know some of them have names. I have never really know about any of the names of the styles. I have tried to do research on them but I havent come up with much. So I figured I would ask people here. Thanks!
(Edit):And this would go for both manga or anime.

Here's what the Depraved One has to say on the subject...

Shojo-style: Drawn for girl's manga (shojo manga). Often sparkly, fuzzy, or glamorous, with lots of lineart and big eyes. Anything by CLAMP or by Yu Watase is a good example of shojo-style manga (shameless plugging for my favorites here).
Shonen-style: Drawn for boy's manga (shonen manga). Usually bolder, simpler, and containing a lot more fight scenes, contrast of dark & light, and blood art. Naruto is my shameless plug example for this style.

These are the only two I know of.

Is this intended to be a discussion of anime artwork or manga artwork? Some fans practically use the two terms interchangeably, so one can never really know. If it's the latter, I'll move the thread to the Manga Workshop. Of course, I don't want to take action without being informed of the original poster's intentions. Clarification would be appreciated. :sweat:

~Dagger~