Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Diffrent types of anime artwork


Recommended Posts

Guest Vamp2004
Posted
I hear all the time about diffrent types of anime. Like a certain artist draws in a certain style. I know some of them have names. I have never really know about any of the names of the styles. I have tried to do research on them but I havent come up with much. So I figured I would ask people here. Thanks!
(Edit):And this would go for both manga or anime.
Posted
Here's what the Depraved One has to say on the subject...

Shojo-style: Drawn for girl's manga (shojo manga). Often sparkly, fuzzy, or glamorous, with lots of lineart and big eyes. Anything by CLAMP or by Yu Watase is a good example of shojo-style manga (shameless plugging for my favorites here).
Shonen-style: Drawn for boy's manga (shonen manga). Usually bolder, simpler, and containing a lot more fight scenes, contrast of dark & light, and blood art. Naruto is my shameless plug example for this style.

These are the only two I know of.
Posted
Hmm.. I think this would probably be better suited for Anime Lounge, rather than Art Studio. I can see why you would want to put it here, due to the drawing styles, but in the end you're discussing anime.
Posted
Is this intended to be a discussion of anime artwork or manga artwork? Some fans practically use the two terms interchangeably, so one can never really know. If it's the latter, I'll move the thread to the Manga Workshop. Of course, I don't want to take action without being informed of the original poster's intentions. Clarification would be appreciated. :sweat:

~Dagger~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...