OtakuBoards

Dragonball Games

CanSee

Hi, this is CanSee...

I´ve got a question: Is there an RPG for SNES or PSX about Dragonball with a good turnbased fight system, without ugly graphics ? I wonder... If someone can tell, me ? TNX

BTW, how´s Final Doubt, does it have good martial arts ?

Yours, CanSee :)

all the dragonball games on the playstation are fighting games, are is one good turned based rpg on the snes, its called legend of the saiya-jins or something, it follows the dragonball z story pretty closely until about the end of the furiza saga....

oh, and final bout sucks....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CanSee [/i]
[B]Hi, this is CanSee...

I´ve got a question: Is there an RPG for SNES or PSX about Dragonball with a good turnbased fight system, without ugly graphics ? I wonder... If someone can tell, me ? TNX

BTW, how´s Final Doubt, does it have good martial arts ?

Yours, CanSee :) [/B][/QUOTE]

It's final bout no doubt

Soon they are making a dbz game for Gameboy advanced whihc hopefully will kikc some serious *****

the Legend of the SSJ on SNES is...pretty good, you don't just pick "fight" though, you pick different cards that do different attacks, some are ki cards that let you do your special moves like kamehameha. It's does follow thru the end of Frieza starting w/ Radditz, but the battles were kinda...blah, you get into a random battle every 3 steps or so, and the boss fights don't last very long, plus there's weird switches to pull and I didn't even SEE Zarbon!! ><. If u want a kickass story mode go w/ DBZ Legends for the PSX, heh now those fights take a while, damn I think I'm gonna go play that...ah...right after some TV anyway, try to get your hands on Legends =P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]all the dragonball games on the playstation are fighting games, are is one good turned based rpg on the snes, its called legend of the saiya-jins or something, it follows the dragonball z story pretty closely until about the end of the furiza saga....

oh, and final bout sucks.... [/B][/QUOTE]

you just don't like final bout cause I proved that it was Chibi Son Gokou not Son Goten in final bout. :butthead: i personaly like the game.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

you just don't like final bout cause I proved that it was Chibi Son Gokou not Son Goten in final bout. :butthead: i personaly like the game. [/B][/QUOTE]

actually, I never liked the game to begin with, if you had been on the boards since the start, you would have known that, the game is too slow, the flying system is messed up, not many moves to do, and the save system is messed up so you can't save secret characters....

but if u press forward back down up 4 times in a row at the start screen u get them all(minus ssj4 son gokou) and i have been here since v1. i was SSA_Goten then, then i moved to ZF SSA Goten, then just to Son Goten. and ur right, flying is messed, but i don't fly in it anyway. u die easy in the air.

Hmm...Super Butoden 2 is my fav of the snes ones, I was saying Legends was the best PSX one...altho I think it's the best on any system. Heh u can really decide what goes on, if you send in vegeta and trunks during the android fight, they'll fight 17 and 18, but if goku shows up #16 will too....plus lots of other things, like in the Frieza fight, u need for Krillin to get killed for goku to go ssj, if only gohan went ssj2 it would be practically 100% true to the anime, you even get scored on how closely you followed the manga's story, damn cool. Anyway in SB2 it took a bit too long to fill up your energy bar, but the martial arts system was definately awesome (better than Legend's 1-physical attack-button one), if only they had more than 2 or 3 moves =\. Anyway...ah...yeah might as well go d/l DB2 as a rom or something, fun battles and stuff. As for DB GT Final Bout, after u put in the R, L, D, U code for the secret characters, u put...ah...what was the code....hit square 5 times, and then triangle 9 times, to unlock ssj4 goku. Flying IS blargh...bah how many people have wanted to know how blahy Final Bout is in this last week alone?!!