OtakuBoards

Outbreak [M-LVS]

Crazy Hardcore

[size=1]Hi, guys. I'm not sure if my first post should be used for starting up an rp, but...oh well. ^ ^; If anyone feels like teaching a newbie some unwritten rules of the site, that'd be appreciated. Anway, here we go...

---------------------------------
[color=red][b]Note: the idea/plot of this rp is heavily based on the book [u]The Zombie Survival Guide[/u], by Max Brooks.[/color][/b][/size]
---------------------------------

[size=1][quote][center][i]
"-re we...are we coming through? Ar-"

"My fellow Americans, we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this important message. Over the past month, reports have leaked through the media that a dangerous virus has taken ahold of lower South America. This disease has been slowly spreading along the northwest, and has now reached official U.S. borders. Infections have surfaced in California, Nevada, and lower Texas. However, traces of the infection have also been carried to New York, Florida, and Louisiana on import ships, along with many other major harbors on the East and West coastlines. This has unfortunately, essentially surrounded the main body of North America. The Canadian government has, with the deepest regret, closed and secured their borders due to the east transmission of the disease and the recent immigration explosion. The United States government has tried to the full extent of their abilities to combat this plague, but we have not succeeded. As this message is broadcast to you now, all other Nations are effectively cutting communication with America. We will recieve no foreign aide. The United States government will continue to attempt to aid and protect the American people...to the best of our abilities. Please, attempt to remain calm and rational. If you see a sign of the this...plague...leave the area immediantly.

...I'm...sorry.

...may God help us all."[/i][/size][/quote][/center]

[size=1]Several months ago a virus called Solanum reached epidemic proportions in lower South America. A disease which has existed throughout the ages as an extremely rare occurence suddenly exploded. The sickness, having no official recorded history, swept through country after country, afflicting all.

Solanum is, again, a virus. It works by travelling through the bloodstream, from the initial point of entry to the brain. It uses the cells of the frontal lobe for replication, destroying it in the process. During this period all bodily functions cease. By stopping the heart, the subject becomes clinically dead. The brain however, remains alive, though dormant, while the virus mutates its cells into a completely different organ. A critical trait of this organ is its indepence from oxygen. This allows the body to move and react like a normal human to a certain degree. However, the virus requires fresh organic materials for survival. To this end, these living corpses are driven by a single instinct, to consume the living. These victims, their minds completely severed from their bodies, are the walking undead. They are zombies.

Living in Richardson, Texas, you've led a fairly normal life. When the disease enters America and complete anarchy grips the country, it's up to you and your only surviving friends to band together, survive together, and ultimately, escape together. The major arc of the plot will be explained in more detail in the first post.

--------
[b]Sign-Ups[/b]
--------

[b]Name:[/b] Play as yourself or a fictional character. Please, no Japanese names for created characters.
[b]Age:[/b] Duh.
[b]Weapons:[/b] Firearm/s, melee/s. Nothing too exotic. Remember, zombies will only be brough down by headshots or decapitation, so try to avoid fully automatic weapons, as the spray of bullets has a low chance of achieving a random headshot.
[i]NOTE: Every person should have at least one melee weapon, if only for a backup.[/i]
[b]Equipment:[/b] Surival items. Flashlights, matches, compasses, ect. You will be limited to what you post here. Remember, we're travelling light, so bring only the bare essentials, or what no one else has brought.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Description or pic is fine.
[b]Personality:[/b] How your character (or you) behaves. Is he/she a team player, or a lone wolf? Will this present problems to the group dynamic? Remember, this team needs to be closely knit, so we need as few black sheep as possible.

--------------------------------------------

[b]Name:[/b] Jack Milton
[b]Age:[/b] 28
[b]Weapons:[/b]
Firearms: Semi-automatic carbine (primary), .22 rimfire pistol (secondary)
Melee: Machete (primary), Knife (secondary)
[b]Equipment:[/b] Backpack, water bottle, wind/waterproof matches, bandanna, compass, small AAA flashlight, poncho, small signalling mirror, telescopic sight, bedroll, sunglasses, palm-sized first-aid kit, swiss army knife, signal flares, fifty rounds of ammunition.
[b]Appearance:[/b] If people sign up, I'll bother to edit this.
[b]Personality:[/b] If people sign up, I'll bother to edit this.

--------------------------------------------

One final note on zombies. These are rotting, moaning, slowly shuffling corpses that have an average speed of one step per two seconds. These things have the average intelligence of a slug, so theres no group tactics, communication (other than signaling with moans), astonishing speed or strength, or even the intelligence to climb a ladder. There's no 28 days later ghouls here. Remember this. Why they're so terrifying will be revealed in the first post, if these signups are succesful.

I'm looking for 3-4 people, and if more sign up, I'll notify the selected members by PMs. Thanks for reading![/size]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Nifty.

Name: Alex Baillie

Appearance: [URL=http://ctr.concordia.ca/2001-02/June_6/19-TESL/TESL.jpg]Alex[/URL] (The man on the left)

Weapons: .437 Magnum Revolver (Dirty Harry Style)

Equipment: Flashlight, 12-Pack of Labatt Bleue, (Stored in backpack) Backpack, assorted foods, and 30 bullets.

Personality: Alex is a rather paranoid person, he frightens easily and is quick to panic. When the disaster struck, and he was trapped in the US (He was on vacation from Canada) he has become a complete nervous wreck.[/COLOR]