OtakuBoards

Most Disapointing Anime

Aerain

So yeah, someone MUCH earlier in this thread mentioned the fact that in DBZ, if all the Saiyans were dead, how are there so damn many? Dude. Vegeta, Nappa and Goku originally survived the situation. Goku went with Chi Chi, Vegeta with Bulma. The result? Gohan, Goten, Trunks, etc. And the line continues with Gohan and Videl getting Pan.

Anyhoo; As for Evangelion, the entire series itself was astounding and brilliant. The last two episodes, while I felt they were letdowns on the series as a whole, were still quality enough to wrap up Shinji's allready mixed up feelings on the entire event as a whole.

I AGREE WITH ALL WHO SAY NEGATIVE ABOUT INUYASHA. While I still do love the series; the episodes themselves take far too long to get things done. As a friend of mine would say, " Inuyasha: Demons with ADD. " And I'm sorry, but the Naraku plot is becoming far too repetitive. Almost to the degree where he is simply an annoying encounter that I wish to simply ignore and continue moving past.

Milk Chan = Grawr

Trigun= Amazing series. The last episode, while to some as a let down, was to me an amazing finisher. It continued Vash's train of thought and beliefs to the end of the series, and also left me wondering, with optimism might I add, whether or not ( get a tag ready for this ) Vash would be with Meryl at the end.

G Gundam was good because it added a new source of variety and creativity to the repititive Gundam Series. Yes, Gundam is repetitive, AN AMAZING ONE, but nevertheless repititive. SD Gundam kinda tried for a different approach, and simply made me blink in confusion and then dissappointment.

Anyhoo, that's all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Evangelion: Episode 25 was pretty much a waste of time, but I loved the final few scenes of episode 26. I do wonder how I would have felt about the series if I hadn't been warned about those last two episodes time and time again; going into them with minimal expectations, I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, I may change my mind once I watch EoE. We'll see about that, I guess.

Overall, though, I would have to say that the ending left me with a really positive feeling. I don't think that Eva's ending has to be judged either as a work of genius or as a betrayal of the remainder of the series.

Anyway. I found King of Bandit Jing TV to be kind of disappointing--primarily because I watched it well after seeing the "Seventh Heaven" OVA (which is honestly one of the best recent OVAs I've come across; it's just delightful all around). The show had its moments, but I believe I would have enjoyed it so much more if I had been able to avoid comparing it to the OVA.

~Dagger~