OtakuBoards

Most Disapointing Anime

Aerain

If you were to ask me, I would definitively say Berserk, I thought it was the best anime ever until episode 23 but after then, it gets really bad: the ending leaves you speechless, it's horribly confusing and wierd, on top of that it leaves you wanting for more, not because it's good but you really want to know how the guy's is going to be saved, because things looks really desesperate. Anyway, I don't plan on reading the manga to get the rest of the story but I hope they're going to end the show and maybe put a better opening song.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one goes into [b]X: The Movie[/b] expecting anything other than empty eye-candy, he or she is bound to be sorely disappointed. That's how I feel about it, in any case. Even the twenty-four episode television series left out a lot of material (although it's still excellent); it truly astonishes me that someone thought they could condense such a sprawling, complex story into a single film.

~Dagger~

I'd have to say one of the biggest dissapointments I've seen so far would have to be the Poke' mon. I'm sorry and I know the show is for children...but that really shouldn't count as anime...Neither should Hamtaro. Definitely not Hamtaro...

Misty and Bijou can burn...

Yu-gi-oh treads a fine line as well. That's just my opinion, however, no offense to anybody. Besides these shows kind of lead the kids to the good stuff later on... I went from Dragonball, to Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist, to Cowboy bebop ( still can't get over this series...it rocks :animesmil ), to Ghost in the Shell [stand alone complex]. Eventually they get to the good stuff.......eventually.

[B][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Well, I'm gonna say Trigun. I don't particularly ENJOY mangas about guns anyway, but everyone RAVED about it, and I was sorely dissapointed. I dunno, I only saw 3 episodes and read 2 chapters of the manga, maybe it gets better. Dunno, don't care. My boyfriend loves it, though, but he loves anything with violence. He's got that kinda psyco-evil thing goin' on lately...

Also, I think Chobits (One of my favorite mangas) is starting to get fairly repetative... But how much can you do in a world with humanoid computers and a super-genious-chobit? Alright, I revise that...

Later!
_Sakura_[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=Blue]The anime that really dissipointed me would probably be G-Gundam. Ummm..This is Gundam, NOT Street Fighter, or DBZ thank you. Giant robots and DBZ don't mix. The Gundam designs were just laughable. The Kyack Gundam? The Mermaid Gundam? The Bull Gundam? Some one must of been on somthing.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

Trigun was good thank you very much, it was awesome and I will continue to like it. (I guess that?s just my opinion or something, people said the end was a let down). The biggest disappointment was umm I would have to say Dragon Ball GT I thought it was going to be good but towards the end it just sucked. The story wasn?t that good at the beginning. I don?t like how they made the trunks look too. I also thought a lot of people had there story telling wrong when they were talking about GT. They all said it was so cool. Don?t get me wrong the series is good but just not the end. (Just so you know I don?t want to offend any one - Dragonboym2) :animesigh

Biggest disappointment: easily the last two episodes of EVA.

Other less obvious dissapointments for me included Wolf's Rain, a brilliant plot that had way too much padding and way too little development for me to enjoy it, and Rave Master, which had a decent manga but a downright unwatchable anime.

[quote name='SakuraMinomino][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Well, I'm gonna say Trigun. I don't particularly ENJOY mangas about guns anyway, but everyone RAVED about it, and I was sorely dissapointed. I dunno, I only saw 3 episodes and read 2 chapters of the manga, maybe it gets better. Dunno, don't care. My boyfriend loves it, though, but he loves anything with violence. He's got that kinda psyco-evil thing goin' on lately...[/SIZE][/COLOR'][/B][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Trigun has like nothing to do psycho-evil violence! If you actually watched it and saw what it was about, you might find it quite interesting. The main character even refuses to kill people!!! And the title may imply there are guns, though guns don't play as big of a role as you may think.

According to the thread, there are a good amount of disapointing anime, but i suppose one that comes to mind would be Ninja Resurestion. I wtched it with the intent of seeing a sequel to Ninja Scroll, but it is not only a completely different entity, but a bad anime to boot. They must have had the intention of making more or something, but never got around to it! [SPOILER]The movie (or episodes i guess) ends with Satan among other evil men killing innocent people... THAT'S IT!!!![/SPOILER]

Well like i said, there are lots to say here but that's what has more recently disgusted me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]:animeangr For me, the concept DBGT really disappointed me. I wanted to watch it, but after viewing the first season, I was uninterested to begin w/. Numero uno, no one should turn Goku into a child. Numero dos, the storylines were a bit bland. Finally, numero tres, the English subscribers didn't even show the first season of DBGT. If this was the last season of DBGT, I'm so disappointed.[/COLOR]

The most dissapointing anime I ever watched was lucily just a movie. Blood: The last Vampire, I had heard fabulous reviews on it and my friends raved about for ever, and then I watched it, man was it a let down. The sad part was it was it had such potential, it made me wanna cry how cool that movie could have been. :animesigh

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]Biggest disappointment: easily the last two episodes of EVA.

Other less obvious dissapointments for me included Wolf's Rain, a brilliant plot that had way too much padding and way too little development for me to enjoy it, and Rave Master, which had a decent manga but a downright unwatchable anime.[/QUOTE]

This was the climax of the series and to call it a disapointment is very very sad. I feel the disapointment came when the fans could not get over the creator's ending the series the way he felt it should and, making him create a movie that leaves more unanswered questions than answers. Yes the movie is good too but its sad that it was done as revenge for all the death threats and complaint letters Anno recieved. Let the genius do his work he knew what he was doing and the movie is nothing but revenge for hate mail.

I personally Looked forward to this anime for about 3 months reading previews and storys about how emotional it was going to be. Sadly the emotion was fake emotion that would never exist in the real world. All it was was the Protagonist Screaming and destroying things for the emotional part. Well I guess there was a bit of a relationship development between the main character and the "Secret Weapon" gir but 4 episodes is not long enough to make that relationship effective. I to this day wish I had not spent the $60 i did on that anime.

[QUOTE=Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue]The anime that really dissipointed me would probably be G-Gundam. Ummm..This is Gundam, NOT Street Fighter, or DBZ thank you. Giant robots and DBZ don't mix. The Gundam designs were just laughable. The Kyack Gundam? The Mermaid Gundam? The Bull Gundam? Some one must of been on somthing.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]In my opinion I thought G Gundam to be the best. I'ts very unique in its own way. The anime that is really dissappointing is as Raven's wing said hamtaro and pokemon. I consider them both as anime. Also pokemon has got alot weaker ever since thay started that new season. But that is only in my point of veiw. Hamtaro is annoying in just about every sense. ;) [/COLOR]

[quote name='Gravy Train']Super Milk Chan. Not that I was execting much, but come on.[/quote][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I don't think many people were, lol.

For me, the most disapointing anime had to be RahXephon. The first 2 episodes were probably the best anime episodes I have ever seen in my life. The story was so interesting... and then, really annoying characters appear, overused anime situations/settings start occurring, and you get completely ripped out of the experience. The first two episodes set me up to expect something completely different than what it was really about. They were so promising... I guess it was the shock of the whole thing that made it so disapointing.[/COLOR]

The one I found most disapointing was Neon Genesis Evangelion. I did enjoy some of the episodes, but over all I thought it was very disappointing. It was like it had good potential but they never went anywhere with it. After all the hype I read about it I expected more. Forchantly I rented it and didn't waste nearly two hundred buying it.

I would have to say the Serial Experiments Lain was rather disappointing, considering how much hype there was about it. To me it seemed like a sort of failed attempt at a Ghost in The Shell or Armitage III style of series. I think the biggest thing that killed it was how unusual the storyline got at the end. It was like the scriptwriters tried to make it suddenly more insteresting, but lost sight of the point.

Eh, enough ranting for now.

I agree that super milk chan (although i expected nothing) still managed to be worse then I thought it would be. I also thought FLCL just .. wasn't for me. I heard so many good things about so I watched it and though I was able to get a few laughs out of it thats really all it gave me. I just like to come out of an anime with more then just a laugh or 2 (it wasn't even THAT funny) but it was respectable. Another disappointment which was already mentioned above would be Blood: the last vampire. My friend and I heard nothing but good things about it so we bought it and watched it that night and it was .... alright. I just couldn't get engaged in what was going on at all perhaps I merely set my expectations too high such that they could only be doomed by failure but oh well ...

Blood: The Last Vampire. Mostly because it didn't live up to the hype. Yes, it was digitally animated, but that's not enough to carry a film... even if that film is only like 40 minutes long. I don't know what people loved so much about it.

I wrote a review for it on theOtaku, but for some reason it's not up there anymore. It was on the original review site.

last couple of eps neon genesis evangelion...love all the other eps though and I actually bought the box set. it was all nice and clear, then those last eps just got weird and surreal, if I wanted to be confused I'd do drugs.

infinite ryvius... just couldn't get into it

and sometimes I think they put too much of a rush on the end of a series if it isn't going for a second season, like I felt Gravitation was rushed in the end.

[QUOTE=Raven's wing]I'd have to say one of the biggest dissapointments I've seen so far would have to be the Poke' mon.

[[COLOR=Green]SIZE=1]Iagree, Poke'mon got old after the firste season. WHEN I WAS 9. The show has ran out of ideas so many times that I wouldnt be suprised if they incorporated card battles in it.[/SIZE][/COLOR] :sleep: :flush:

I found that any version of Dragon Ball was dissapointing like hell, It is judged as the Ultimate Series by a fair few people but in my opinion it seems rather repetitive. Fight Scenes can go for episodes in it which seems to stretch it rather far. The characters seemed to be almost exactly the same and if the entire Saiyan Race was destroyed than how the hell are there so many of them. It do not want to go into further details on how dissapointing this series is so I won't but It definetly not something that you would pay for the boxed sets. Dissapointing Anime Two would have to be Steel Angel Kurumi only because of how short each episode is, You don't get drawn in enough to it( It's still a good series) which is why it is at number two.

[COLOR=Teal]I know I may get seriously murdered for this, but Inu-yasha is a big one on my dislike list.

I just think that the series is drawn out too long and it takes too long to get to the point with series. It nearly seems as if they will never finish the story line. But it's just an opinion... so dun' hurt me! *Cowers.*[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Kawaii Seth][COLOR=Teal]I know I may get seriously murdered for this, but Inu-yasha is a big one on my dislike list.

I just think that the series is drawn out too long and it takes too long to get to the point with series. It nearly seems as if they will never finish the story line. But it's just an opinion... so dun' hurt me! *Cowers.*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you about Inu-Yasha. I actually liked it at first and even collected the DVD's. Then they had to go and add Naruku to it and turn it into an anime soap opera. *at least that's what I think* Plus I think Kieko is annoying as well. I was really sad as I loved the series until they had to start dragging it out with those two in the series. I've quit watching it altogether as it's just too annoying in my opinion. Though I still like the episodes without those two.