OtakuBoards

Dragon Ball Z: Sagas

Burori

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this game yet so if I am the first yippy. As most of you know I am not going to appear on OB for a long while but I thought I might as well say this, this is one of the best looking DBZ game I have seen ever.

Pics:
[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/012/reviews/925169_20050113_screen001.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/012/reviews/925169_20050113_screen002.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/012/reviews/925169_20050113_screen004.jpg[/IMG]

There are many more but this is a sample of what this game looks like. Surprisingly it is coming out: 03/22/2005 this Month. It is a RPG based game by the looks of the trailer. You are free to fly, attack, and blow buildings up so overall I feel this game will bring great pleasure towards the DBZ fans that still remain loyal to the series.

The only downside I see in it at the time is Roshi will give you advice against your foes. SO please tell us your opinion on this.

So far from what intel I got the game will go from the Saiya-jin saga to the Cell saga. Yet I overheard there may be a chance you can unlock Burori in the game. Some even say he will be in one of the levels. Oh and I forgot to meantion that this can be a co op game :P only two players though alas.

[color=darkred]Gee, I dunno. It all just looks like a broader, more expanded version of Budokai to me. I'd really like to see something really innovative and striking come out of the DBZ games, but at this rate, it seems that Atari are just reproducing and interpreting.

About those secret characters Burori was on about; I think it's very likely that Brolly and a few others could make an appearance in this game, seeing as how they're in Budokai 3 and everything. But I'm not entirely sure how they'll fit into the scene.

Avalanche are taking over too, so hopefully there'll be some sort of distinction in this game than from Budokai.[/color]

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]Gee, I dunno. It all just looks like a broader, more expanded version of Budokai to me. I'd really like to see something really innovative and striking come out of the DBZ games, but at this rate, it seems that Atari are just reproducing and interpreting.

About those secret characters Burori was on about; I think it's very likely that [strike]Brolly[/strike] and a few others could make an appearance in this game, seeing as how they're in Budokai 3 and everything. But I'm not entirely sure how they'll fit into the scene.

Avalanche are taking over too, so hopefully there'll be some sort of distinction in this game than from Budokai.[/color][/QUOTE]

Now lets not use the funi name please :P. As for seeing it exceed Budakai three you can take a look at the videos now avaliable here: [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/dragonballzsagas/media.html]DBZ Saga[/URL]

Doesn't look too interesting to me. Looks like a beefed up 3d version of the GBA games except you can fly freely. Maybe they'll give it some depth instead of :Kill the bad guy, search for item, kill more bad guys, find hideout, kill the boss. I'm not gonna buy it buy maybe rent it. Maybe..

[quote name='Alastor']Doesn't look too interesting to me. Looks like a beefed up 3d version of the GBA games except you can fly freely. Maybe they'll give it some depth instead of :Kill the bad guy, search for item, kill more bad guys, find hideout, kill the boss. I'm not gonna buy it buy maybe rent it. Maybe..[/quote]

Though I'd hate to agree with you this game is worth more of a rental than to buy. I prefer to wait until they make a Saga 3 which you more or less can see that is what they are planning.

I saw this game was coming out soon when I went to Gamestop, and I suppose I will probably buy it. Although I'm not all too into DBZ anymore, I watched it when I was a bit younger and I have a kind of love for it. The show itself was flawed in some ways, but what isn't flawed. Anyway, about the game: I think it looks interesting, far more interesting than a fighter is to me. I did enjoy DBZ: Boudaki though, disliked 2, and I only played 3 a tad I believe - it seemed like the same thing all over again nearly.

I'm wondering how repetitive this game will feel, since the Boudakis all had story modes. It might be the same thing all over again only in RPG format. I'm not sure if I'm excited about this game or not, we'll just have to wait and see what the reviewers say. If it looks good then I'll buy it, if not, I won't.