OtakuBoards

Coming Out Stories

gothicserenity

[size=1][color=slategray]I'm bi, and I've only ever told my mom and a group of friends I trust.

With the later, it was because of an OWL class; Our Whole Lives, a sex-ed thing. So we had a lesbian speaker come in, and so I decided to out myself. The reaction wasn't what I'd expected - everyone took it calmly, and one other kid outed themselves about being bi. Despite knowing I could trust them, I fully expected them to be surprised.

And my mom - well, she just knew. She always does. Like she knew who my boyfriend was before I told her. lol[/size][/color]

[b]I think that both of my parents had suspected that I was bi even before I was a teenager, but they were adamantly opposed to the idea of homosexuality and bisexuality.[/b]

[b]Don't get me wrong-- they weren't opposed to gays and bisexuals as people, but they thought that the idea was against the design that God had created for mankind.[/b]

[b]So I kept my secret from them for quite a while...[/b]

[b]But when my parents went through their horribly messy divorce, I moved in with my mom and her new boyfriend (because my dad was horribly insane at the time-lol). [/b]

[b]I met someone that I got all sorts of ga-ga over and I just started having them spend the night.[/b]

[b]After about a week of "sleepovers", my mom asked me why I snuggled with my friend, and I said "Because I snuggle with [i]all [/i]of my friends..." and I let it go at that.[/b]

[b]Well, one morning, after they had left, my mom asks "What are you so damned smilie about this morning?" and I simply said "My friend finally kissed me and is a [i]really[/i] good kisser, too-- soft lips...:animesmil ".[/b]

[b]My mom's response was a smiling "I knew it!" and then a quickly-added "You'd better not tell your father!"[/b]

[b]My dad didn't find out until my friend and I moved in together... and he realised that there was only one bed in our apartment... one bed with two pillows.:animeswea [/b]

Well, I outted m'self to my close friends first who just kind of went "Meh" and didn't care (though my offical nickname is "The Popcorn Fairy" :animeswea ). My parents ( I thinK0 think that I'm just confused. When I told them, they gave me this thing on how I probably just wanted a comforting presence and didn't care if it was male or female and blah blah. :animesigh So, yeah. I don't think my parents believe me.

Mine was like realy weird, i had like always known i was gay, and my mom kinda already knew,but one day i just decided to tell my friends and they were all okay w/ it, in fact a few of them came out the same day, the hard part was telling my mom, i did'nt know how to do it but i knew i had to, cuz she works at the same high school i go to so it would be around school and she'd find out eventualy. So one morning on the way to school i jsut told her "mom i have something i need to tell you" and i did'nt even have to finish it, she was like"your gay" and i sayd yeah and she sayd that she could always tell, my dad still does'nt know and i probably won't tell him until i'm 18, but it's pretty obvious so i think he might have some idea.

hi goth! ^^ its me, if you remember. =D well for my storie, well, after I admitted I was gay, I started really wanting to tell people, and no one I really knew had anything against it, so no worries, but my best friend was homophobic. >.< but I finally told him and he got all suportive, and most of my friend "love" the fact I'm gay. lor. so thats shibby. so yeah, things ate working out. :D

-Peach