Taylor Hewitt Posted April 1, 2005 Posted April 1, 2005 I downloaded some new brushes and thought I'd try them out and do some abstract stuff or w/e this is what I got. Feedback please. [img]http://img107.exs.cx/img107/4126/thabstract9mu.png[/img]
-tiGz- Posted April 1, 2005 Posted April 1, 2005 I don't like the background. Looks like a smudged image, that's really hard to make out and isn't very appealing. Text seems to be the main thing in the graphic, which is kinda boring. However the font is nice, i like it. Try.. -adding something to be the subject of the graphic (eg, an image) -Brush and blend well -use text well, but not too large or centred.
Retribution Posted April 2, 2005 Posted April 2, 2005 [SIZE=1]I like it better than your abstraction. I like the background, especially the white lines going through it. Perhaps more focus/aesthetic attention on the grunge in the upper areas of the banner. And the typo, again, needs work. The font type isn't very fitting for this banner, and it's placement is lacking. It's a common problem with your work, but easily solved. Just go to [url]www.dafont.com[/url] and pick out a grungy font. I'd also change the color to a darker one, and probably make it smaller. After all, you don't want it being the center of attention on this banner. Good, but it's not an abstract banner. It's grunge. You get a [B]6/10[/B]. Don't take my rating too seriously though.[/SIZE]
Taylor Hewitt Posted April 3, 2005 Author Posted April 3, 2005 Not at all. Thanks very much for your feedback and I hope to make this and the other banner better :).
hyper123 Posted April 6, 2005 Posted April 6, 2005 it is too plain. i think u should add pictures into ur artwork, that would be more attracting. :)
Taylor Hewitt Posted April 6, 2005 Author Posted April 6, 2005 [quote name='hyper123']it is too plain. i think u should add pictures into ur artwork, that would be more attracting. :)[/quote] Pictures of what?
Annie Posted April 6, 2005 Posted April 6, 2005 [QUOTE=Taylor Hewitt]I downloaded some new brushes and thought I'd try them out and do some abstract stuff or w/e this is what I got. Feedback please. [img]http://img107.exs.cx/img107/4126/thabstract9mu.png[/img][/QUOTE] [color=#161414]I love it. Of course, I really love purple. I'm not sure if I would have put the text smack-dab-in-the-middle, but I think it looks really great. It just looks bold and in your face. [/color]
hyper123 Posted April 7, 2005 Posted April 7, 2005 [quote name='Taylor Hewitt']Pictures of what?[/quote] ANIME! ^_^ or something you like or whatever i dont know...but for sure , ANIME! ^_^
Taylor Hewitt Posted April 7, 2005 Author Posted April 7, 2005 [quote name='hyper123']ANIME! ^_^ or something you like or whatever i dont know...but for sure , ANIME! ^_^[/quote] Used to be a big dbz fan but I'm not a fan of any anime now :S.
-tiGz- Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 Then a image of something else you like/ are a fan of. Music? Bands?
sakurasuka Posted April 10, 2005 Posted April 10, 2005 [CENTER][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Yeah, I agree, you should merge in a pic of something... Anyhting, really. Even just a totally random thing that makes you look deeper into the image, instead of just glancing at it. I really like choice of colors, though. Good job, really. 7/10 The font is nice, it looks a little out-of-place... I really can't tell whether it's because of the placement or the style of it on the grunge-y background. I say go a hint bolder with font if it is a main focus (Like tiGs mentioned) and [I]let [/I] it stand out rather than try and make it blend. But do try and match image-font style, or it may look [I]too[/I] out-of-place, and doesn't match or look appealing at all. I really would like this one if only there was more to look at than just random brush-strokes... Then again, considering that you did all that from scratch rather than just croping and editing a picture, maybe you really do deserve more credit than everyone is giving you... But maybe since you didn't have to worry about matching any pic as well, it may have EASIER... I really don't know... *Wanders off confused* _Sakura_[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now