Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You guys never programmed in Daylight Savings Time, did you? Just wondering, because my clock says it is 9:30, but your clock says 8:30, and the time difference based on GMT in the Edit Options link is correct for my area.

I know it is no big deal, but it just bugs me a little. (Call it a pet peeve)
Posted
[color=#4B0082]That option has never worked, at least not for me, though. I've always had to manually adjust my time zone setting one hour forward to get it to display the correct time, then change it back when daylight savings time ends.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Lore][font=trebuchet ms']In your User Options, there's an option to "automatically detect DST settings." Use it. ^_~[/font][/quote]


That option was already active. Which means it has been that way for a while, since I haven't touched the Edit Options button for some time. Still, the problem exists.
Posted
[COLOR=blue]I don't quite understand how it can work for some people and not for others. The DST thing worked (is working) for me. It's a database, and so if it's wrong for one person, shouldn't it be wrong for everyone else?

(I'm honestly asking and looking for an answer)[/COLOR]
Posted
Well, when I last checked, it uses Javascript to determine whether or not you are currently in DST. So, if you have Javascript disable, you might be out of luck in having it automatically detect.

Regardless, if the time is off, just manually change it to either "DST On" or "DST Off" and that should solve your problem.
Posted
I figured it out. The system was reading from an old cookie file that I never remembered to delete. I deleted it yesterday, and now the clock is correct.

That is probably the answer to Azure's mystery too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...